DIY Stage 2+ (Downpipe, Uppipe, TMIC, EBCS, Ram Intake, Wastegate Blockoff, EWG) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on DIY Stage 2+ (Downpipe, Uppipe, TMIC, EBCS, Ram Intake, Wastegate Blockoff, EWG) within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by FMS I got the car tuned but it was street tuned and if I were to guess ...

Quote Originally Posted by FMS View Post
    I got the car tuned but it was street tuned and if I were to guess I would estimate 300 WHP.

On Friday it ran a 13.34 quarter mile time @103.9 mph
    60 foot times? Got a slip?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

FMS

Last edited by FMS; 08-26-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Great write up.

2 Questions:

1. What year model (WRX or STI) are these pix from?

2. How long would the downpipe install alone take, following your steps (TMIC removal & reinstall included)?

Thanks!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

FMS

Thank you!

1. 2010 WRX Sedan

2. With a car lift 30 minutes assuming your downpipe to turbo bolts being not seized. With a Jack and jack stand 1 hour. if the bolts are seized hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    Great write up.

2 Questions:

1. What year model (WRX or STI) are these pix from?

2. How long would the downpipe install alone take, following your steps (TMIC removal & reinstall included)?

Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    So you think a tune is required for even basic exhaust mods? Uppipe downpipe header intake exhaust system ETC or only if you improve the wastegate and such?
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Up and down pipes: not if your headlamps are round. If your car was built 2003+, or if you want any of the other parts you've listed, yes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Up and down pipes: not if your headlamps are round. If your car was built 2003+, or if you want any of the other parts you've listed, yes.
    interesting and simply using A Cobb AP sensor to update your MAP settings and such is not enough? I have all the above listed mods plus AP Sensor and i have always thought my car has ran fantastic. Anyone know a good location Around Maryland for a Pro Tune?
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lashak View Post
    interesting and simply using A Cobb AP sensor to update your MAP settings and such is not enough? I have all the above listed mods plus AP Sensor and i have always thought my car has ran fantastic. Anyone know a good location Around Maryland for a Pro Tune?
    What are you talking about an AP Sensor? If you mean a Cobb Accessport, that is an engine management unit, it re-maps the ecu to the somewhat correct "stage" peramiters.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    What are you talking about an AP Sensor? If you mean a Cobb Accessport, that is an engine management unit, it re-maps the ecu to the somewhat correct "stage" peramiters.
    yes a Cobb AP (AccessPort) was what i was talking about. my whole point being i have never noticed a need for a tune with all the upgrades I have and it had me thinking. if my WRX runs this great now if a Tune is needed what have i been missing out on. i have never had any hesitations,lags, strange idols, or anything. just trying to learn something new

You could be the lucky person who's car runs perfectly on an ots map. However for the rest of us, protunes smooth out the car tremendously and can usually squeak out a few more ponies.

i'd like to install an EWG and o2 dump BUT... I don't want to have to take my DP off again :-( I need to find other ways to make power... everyone says that I shouldn't use meth injection so that's out too... thought about a bigger TMIC and the spray... not going to work apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by tgtrefz View Post
    You could be the lucky person who's car runs perfectly on an ots map. However for the rest of us, protunes smooth out the car tremendously and can usually squeak out a few more ponies.
    On pretty much any car an OTS map vs. a protune isn't going to even be in the same league.

FMS

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    i'd like to install an EWG and o2 dump BUT... I don't want to have to take my DP off again :-( I need to find other ways to make power... everyone says that I shouldn't use meth injection so that's out too... thought about a bigger TMIC and the spray... not going to work apparently.
    How about some equal length headers?

great write up!
    quick question though, does the COBB AP only work with catted downpipes? i was going to get a tsudo catless but i heard you cant tune the car if its a catless dp
    CA | MI
    2012 OBP Sedan in desperate
    need of a drop and downpipe

FMS

Quote Originally Posted by tee wrx View Post
    great write up!
    quick question though, does the COBB AP only work with catted downpipes? i was going to get a tsudo catless but i heard you cant tune the car if its a catless dp
    Thats correct. The Cobb AP only has OTS maps for Catted downpipes. With a catless downpipe you can run into over boosting problems quite easy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast