Boost dropping to 0 psi...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost dropping to 0 psi... within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Last night I replaced my plastic inlet, and intercooler Y pipe. I had the intercooler/bypass valve off also. Now the ...

Boost dropping to 0 psi...

Last night I replaced my plastic inlet, and intercooler Y pipe. I had the intercooler/bypass valve off also.
    Now the problem is strange I deffinatly have a leak some where but I'm still hitting 16.5 psi under full trottle but as soon as I'm off full throttle the boost drops to 0, if crusing at 3000RPM at half throttle I'll have no boost but stomp on it I have momentary full boost? I have never seen a leak quite like that usually you won't hit target boost with any sort of compressor side leak. At this point I'm leaning towards BPV gasket not sitting right. Any imput would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Problem ended up being a leaky connection on the compressor side of the turbo where the Y pipe joins. On the winky TD04 I found the silicon hose a tick to big. Careful placement of the hose clamp is the key, the hose wants to bunch up slighty when tightening the clamp otherwise. Also I un-installed my Cobb AP map put the car back on stock map for now to rule out the learned Cobb parameters. Boost seems much more stable and air fuel ratios arnt as rich so I'm hoping that's the sole leak.

I Support ClubWRX
    Next time try posting it here... General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents.

You posted in the tutorial section.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.