Insane rattle!

This is a discussion on Insane rattle! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; At first the car ran great no loss of boost, no loss of power, no check engine light not running ...

Insane rattle!

At first the car ran great no loss of boost, no loss of power, no check engine light not running hot or anything. When the car gets aroudn 2800-3000ish RPMs I get a rattle that sounds like its coming from the Front of the car not near the Turbo. I have done quite a bit of research and lots of people say its probably a heat shield... but I have gone through and tightendn all bolts up shock everythign and am yet to find a rattle. I drove the car for about 5-10min getting into the boost on and off just trying to mess with the rattle to try to diagnose it myself but as I drove the rattle started to get worse lucky for me I had my camera handy and took a few videos... Any suggestions/past experiance would be awesome!

Here are the videos of the noise... when it first started as it progressed to the horrid sound its making now all in less then 15 miles from me traveling home from work... It even died a few times coming down the road and in my driveway multiple times when I was trying to identify the noise.

‪rattle‬‏ - YouTube

‪more rattle‬‏ - YouTube

‪even more rattle‬‏ - YouTube

‪ughhh rattle‬‏ - YouTube

‪wtf is going on to my car‬‏ - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any mods to the car ? Have u checked your pulleys. Is the car running like ass now ? Or just the same with a noise

definitely sounds like the heatshield loose or something pretty loose, i do have like some rattle too when i drive but it sounds like a bolt vibrating and it sucks cause i cant find where is it and its only during acceleration, im pretty sure it is something in my clutch.

Any mods?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Transmission dipstick hitting the dp or heat shied?

(I didn't look at the videos as I'm in class but that is often overlooked)
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

if you have the stock up-pipe i would check the heat shield on that. i know mine broke somehow and it rattles sometimes when its cold when i start it up.
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much ever bolt on.

Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    if you have the stock up-pipe i would check the heat shield on that. i know mine broke somehow and it rattles sometimes when its cold when i start it up.
    Talking about bringing a thread back from the graves.....
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14