This is my first Diy thread let me know what you think.
I read some of the Big 3 and grounding kit threads. I decided to put them together and do mine own Diy thread.
I bought all the wire, terminals, fuse holder, and fuse from http://www.knukonceptz.com There stuff is really nice,but you can get it from any car audio store.
The rest of the items I didnt have I got from Homedepot.
Solder Iron and Solder (optional)
Utility knife to strip the wire
10mm & 12mm socket & wrench
Items I used:
Positve & Negative battery terminal
Fuse holder and fuse I used 120 amp
15ft black 4 gauge wire
20ft blue 4 gauge wire shown but you only need about 5ft
16 4 gauge ring terminals
Cut wire lengths:
1x 7.5 in
2x 15.0 in
1x 11.0 in
2x 12.0 in
1x 20.75 in
1x 18.0 in
Location of grounding points and lenght of wire used, but test fit your wires to be sure:
Battery to driverside fender near battery 7.5 in
Battery to Intake 15.0 in
Intake to driverside strut 15.0 in
Intake to block where dipstick bolts on 11.0 in
Intake to Intake 20.75 in
Intake to alt 12.0 in
Intake to pass side strut 18.0 in
Back of block to firewall near pitch stop mount 12.0 in
1. Cut wire to lenght and crimp ring terminals on. You can also solder them on like I did thats optional.
2. Unhook battery.
3. Remove bolts where the wires will be installed. Sand behind bolt if needed. Add alittle dielectric grease. Reinstall bolt with the wire. 10mm & 12mm sockets and wrenches needed for this.
4. I removed the intercooler to hook up the back of block to firewall wire. Then reinstalled the intercooler.
5. If replacing the battery terminals like I did this is when I installed them.
6. I hooked the + wire to the alt. Then into the fuse holder. Mounted the fuse holder to the side of the battery with heavy duty velcro ( for easy maintenance). Fuse holder to battery terminal. Also added dielectric grease here also.
7. Lastly add zip ties where needed.
A few of these things may not be needed like the grease, soldering the terminals. Its a few things I like to do when I do electrical work. Also all the grounding points may not be needed, but I read two different threads. Between the two, all these points were in them. I put the two together and did them all.