gt3076r install time and problems??

This is a discussion on gt3076r install time and problems?? within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hello all, I just recently bought a gt3076r I was wondering if anyone had installed one with the perrin kit ...

gt3076r install time and problems??

Hello all, I just recently bought a gt3076r I was wondering if anyone had installed one with the perrin kit and just wanted some details or any advice you could give me on the install. Thanks again!
    08 HB SLEEPER .....well not yet

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NO one has installed a gt3076r before?? .......hard to believe

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    What kind of advice are you seeking?

I Support ClubWRX
    It's pretty self explanatory. As Justin said,what are you looking for? Maybe try searching NASIOC's parts review or the 2.5L section as they have a much larger membership.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I was just looking for some basic advice, as in........ Would someone that has done the install of the gt3076r with the perrin kit or otherwise have alot of problems that came up during install/or was it fairly simple and piping matched up the way it was supposed to. Or for instance did they run into anything that they had to stop and take it to a professional to get done??

Doesnt have to be to in depth just wanted a heads up on some things i could in counter on the install.

Hey, I installed my GT3076r last year and it took about an hour. I was also replacing my uppipe and downpipe, because I had cut and rewelded both to fit a TD05-20G with diffrerent flanges in there previously. But I went with a factory fitment Titek uppipe and Invidia DP and the factory replacement GT3076r and everything went together like a glove. Probably the easiest install Ive done of anything on this car so far. The only problem I had was redoing my intake piping because I had clocked the TD05 when I did that install and did a FMIC. I didnt want to clock the new turbo so I had to redo the piping. also I redid the air filter and was a pain in the ass to run the intake tube to the turbo inlet because the factory intake manifold doesnt leave much room for moving around the intake. If youre still running the stock TMIC I hope you got a GT3076r with the correct flange to bolt to the intercooler. Although, if you are running that big of a turbo, you should probably go to an FMIC or at least STi TMIC.

Good luck with the install
    This thing is ALMOST as fast as my R6... Hope to make it faster, so Ill have to buy an R1.