Increase top speed - From Brazil

This is a discussion on Increase top speed - From Brazil within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hi fellows, next month I'm going to participate in a "Top Speed 4.000" event. It is an airport runway with ...

Increase top speed - From Brazil

Hi fellows, next month I'm going to participate in a "Top Speed 4.000" event. It is an airport runway with 5km long and we are supose to go a fast as we can.
    I drive a 11' wrx 5 doors. Does anyone has some tips how to increase a little the Top Speed of a WRX - if possible without loosing warranty? Is it really limited to 220km/h (137mph)?
    Tks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Without modding and tuning the car there's not a lot you can do to increase your top speed. Remove your side mirrors, windshield wipers, spoiler, anything you can do to improve aerodynamics. Also remove everything from your trunk, all seats but the driver's seat, and remove your door cards along with anything else you can find to reduce weight.

I don't know about your 2011, but my 2002 quickly got up to 155mph according to GPS last time I got on it..

my stock 09 toped out at 143 on my gps on a long empty strip.. you 11 should atleast be around there

Tks. I've told the 11 WRX that comes to brazil have a speed limit ok 137mph... But didn't have an opportunity to try it yet.
    Besides the limit, do you think an K&N can help a little?
    Tks,