Exhaust & your warranty - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Exhaust & your warranty within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I have an extended warranty & now the nameless exhaust.There actually isn't much damage an axleback can do to your ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I have an extended warranty & now the nameless exhaust.There actually isn't much damage an axleback can do to your car.If I ever go in for repairs I plan on just throwing the stock exhaust back on the car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm thinking about getting their new cat-back (good idea?) and since I'm having the exhaust installed, it would cost $200 to uninstall/reinstall the exhaust for every repair. Also, there's always the potential of the car breaking down and having it be very difficult to get the stock exhaust put back on before getting it to the dealership.

More thoughts?

I Support ClubWRX
    $200 to install an exhaust?!!!

Good Lord man, get a wrench & do it yourself.If you know how to turn a wrench ,you know how to install an exhaust. After you are done ,use the money you saved for something else like the Holy Shift Kit.

Once again,it is highly unlikely that the dealer will say that a catback caused engine problems.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

$100 to uninstall. $100 to install. I live in a condo with a tiny garage and have neither a torque wrench nor a safe way to lift the car.

You say the dealer won't say, but isn't it SoA that makes the final call on warranty claims? So if the dealer communicates the claim to SoA, are you saying it's highly unlikely the dealer will tell SoA about the cat-back?

Also, do you run a high risk of having warranty claims denied when you tune your ECU? Or is it the same deal: Just flash it back to the stock ECU map and they won't know the difference?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Board
    $100 to uninstall. $100 to install. I live in a condo with a tiny garage and have neither a torque wrench nor a safe way to lift the car.
    $40 ramps
    $20 for a 12mm/14mm wrench

DIY in your driveway
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I live in a condo myself.Also I have a small garage.But I invested in ramps,a hydraulic jack & a torque wrench like EJ257 said.You can always use it later for any work you'll do later.

Frankly if you are worried so much about the warranty you shouldn't get the catback.And from what I know the dealer can tell how long its been since the ECU has been reset.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    $40 ramps
    $20 for a 12mm/14mm wrench

DIY in your driveway
    +1
    STINKEYE MOB #100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12