what boost controller and BOV should i run

This is a discussion on what boost controller and BOV should i run within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hey all, i have a MY02 STi and was wondering what boost controller and BOV i should run on my ...

Post what boost controller and BOV should i run

Hey all, i have a MY02 STi and was wondering what boost controller and BOV i should run on my car? i need all the advice as i can thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Remap it instead. Search for a local solution in your area.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    In most cases (likely yours) the stock BPV and stock BCS are the best way to go.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I've never heard good things about sticking a manual boost controller on scoobs. As for BOV...don't go there. The stock bypass valve returns air from the turbo into the intake manifold when your shifting, idling, etc. That's good, because that air has been read by the MAF sensor, which tells the engine "Okay, send this amount of fuel." a BOV releases that air directly to the atmosphere, thus making the MAF sensors calculations inaccurate, and causing your engine to run with less than ideal air/fuel mixture.