Need help on replacing turbocharger!

This is a discussion on Need help on replacing turbocharger! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; my turbocharger currently with 100k+ miles has some bad seals in it and I need to replace it so I ...

Need help on replacing turbocharger!

my turbocharger currently with 100k+ miles has some bad seals in it and I need to replace it so I bought the same td04 turbocharger with about 30k miles with a smidgen of shaft play I have done one turbo upgrade on my old eclipse to an EVO 3 big 16g so I had to replace all the lines such but I also had a guide to refer back to if I got lost in place.

the turbocharger i have right now already has the coolant and oil lines attached to it, I also bought new factory gaskets for the up pipe and down pipe, I am putting on a megan racing 3 inch catless dp and I was just wondering if there are any guides on how to replace the wrx turbocharger, it looks pretty straight forward but I just would like to have some background knowledge,

my plan was to remove the BOV from the intercooler than remove the intercooler then drain the oil and coolant and replace the turbocharger just remembering what goes where, any tips or do you know where there is a guide?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You bought a bunk turbocharger. Any shaft play is a very bad thing and it's not IF it'll totally fail, it's WHEN.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

the cheap replacement i bought has barely any play, it isnt "bunk" i wont be keeping the replacement for long, just to hold me over till i get a better upgrade.

now if anyone has any guides or tips please post.