losing boost

This is a discussion on losing boost within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hello all, I am new in the subby world and i am running into my first problem. I have a ...

losing boost

Hello all,

I am new in the subby world and i am running into my first problem. I have a mechanical boost gauge installed and since the day i installed it (about a month ago) it was reading a strong 14psi at max and 20 vac at idle. I just changed the plugs with NKG and gaped them correctly. Every since the switch my car is maxing out at 10psi.. any ideas of whats going on? the car has 80,000 miles on it and had the original plugs before i replaced them.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    what kind of subaru do you have?

wrx? sti? legacy? forester?

what year?

any mods?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the connections to the boost gauge and the tee fitting to make sure they are tight. Also have a look around the engine. You may have knocked something loose or slit something while changing the plugs.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i have an 02 wrx. The only mod i have as of right now is a cobb intake. im hoping to get uppipe, down pipe, turbo back, and ap before september from summer earnings.

Also i checked around the engine didnt notice anything. The only place i have not checked is directly behind the gauge itself.. which is a pain with how i have it mounted but i will do it if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bschr287 View Post
    Hello all,

I am new in the subby world and i am running into my first problem. I have a mechanical boost gauge installed and since the day i installed it (about a month ago) it was reading a strong 14psi at max and 20 vac at idle. I just changed the plugs with NKG and gaped them correctly. Every since the switch my car is maxing out at 10psi.. any ideas of whats going on? the car has 80,000 miles on it and had the original plugs before i replaced them.

Thanks
    Check your hoses sometimes u might knock one loose ,could be a kink. Any other mods ? Manual Boost Controller?

losing MPG!!!

ok, i cut off all zip ties and redid them looser and now im hitting about 13 psi which could be normal and my glowshift gauge could just be off that much.. but now im noticing a gas mileage problem... i only got 140 miles on my last tank of 93 octane shell v-power.. I usually get about 240! could the plugs have done this?