** PERRIN Cat-Back Exhaust DIY **

This is a discussion on ** PERRIN Cat-Back Exhaust DIY ** within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; We just finished installing our Stealth Exhaust system on one of the shop cars and let me tell you this ...

** PERRIN Cat-Back Exhaust DIY **

We just finished installing our Stealth Exhaust system on one of the shop cars and let me tell you this thing looks cool.

By adding the PERRIN Exhaust System you will not only gain performance but you also get the added pleasure of listening to the boxer engine as you run around town. The results can be felt and heard the second you take off from your house. For more information click here.

Needed tools:
    1) Jack and Jack stand
    2) Socket or wrench
    3) WD-40 or other lubricant to use on the hangers

Step 1) Raise the vehicle to a desired height allowing for enough room to move freely. For this you will want to use jack stands to support the vehicle while working on the exhaust. NEVER WORK ON A VEHICLE SUPPORTED ONLY BY A JACK.

Step 2)Time to remove the stock exhaust from the car. To do this I used a lubricant on the hangers helping to make things go quicker. Once the hangers were loosened I decided to remove the exhaust from all of the hangers except for the one on the drivers side rear muffler. This way I could remove the OEM spring bolts from the down pipe and not have the exhaust fall on my head (very important not to hurt yourself).

Once the sprig bolts and springs are removed from the down pipe carefully lower the stock exhaust system to the floor. You can now go back and remove the system from the last hanger. I recommend re-lubricating the hangers one more time before you install the PERRIN exhaust.

Step 3) Time to install the PERRIN exhaust, there are two way to go about doing this. The first is to install the front section to the down pipe (if stock down pipe is being used, use the OEM spring bolts and springs to secure the system to the down pipe. If the PERRIN Down Pipe is being installed at the same time use the provided springs and bolts from PERRIN). Once the front section is in place you can then install the rear muffler section.

The second way to install the exhaust system (what I did) is to completely assemble the PERRIN system. To do this you will want to install the front section and rear muffler section on your garage floor. Using the included 3” Gasket and the bolts and washers connect the two pieces and tighten to 25ft-lbs of torque. Once everything is in place secure the muffler to one of exhaust hangers and then connect the front section of the PERRIN exhaust to the factory down pipe with the OEM spring bolts and springs. For this I recommend slightly tightening them up allowing you to go back and connect the exhaust to the rest of the hangers.

With the exhaust now suspended from the hangers you can go back and fully tighten the front section to the down pipe.

Step 4) Lower the car back to earth and give her a test. Be sure to check for leaks prior to driving the vehicle. (DO NOT START THE CAR IN AN ENCLOSED AREA AS DEATH CAN RESULT FROM CARBON MONOZIDE POISONING)

If you have any questions or would like more information on our exhaust system or other PERRIN items feel free to contact me at anytime.

Hope you enjoyed my DIY

Ken

Ken Jubb
    Retail Sales Manger
    PERRIN Performance™
    503.693.1702 Ex. 101
    WWW.PERRINPERFORMANCE.COM
    WebsiteBlogMyspaceE-mailAIM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did anyone mention that we are having an awesome sale on our exhausts for the WRX???

PM me for more info!
    Last edited by PERRIN_Chris; 10-29-2008 at 04:15 PM.