Silencer Delete For 07 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Silencer Delete For 07 WRX within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Can anyone help me with making my 07 wrx sound nicer. I am talking about the intake. I was thinking ...

Registered User boardinshorty81's Avatar

Silencer Delete For 07 WRX

Can anyone help me with making my 07 wrx sound nicer. I am talking about the intake. I was thinking about getting one, but then the cobb site said you should only use a stock intake or theirs or the spt. So is there a silencer delete for my year? And if so, how do I do it. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=113

i have this done to mine, as well as the turboxs short ram intake. it definitely makes the sound a lot different... you can hear the turbo spool along with the WOOOSHH sound. its pretty nifty

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=113

i have this done to mine, as well as the turboxs short ram intake. it definitely makes the sound a lot different... you can hear the turbo spool along with the WOOOSHH sound. its pretty nifty
    Well that is just what i was looking for, thanks... And you responded really quickly lol, that is service.

Does this give more of a chance of water to get into the intake though? And also the picture doesn't work so you do you possibly have any pics. If not it is no biggy.

I Support ClubWRX
    i didnt make the write up so i dont have their pictures, i just have a finished product of mine:

[you can also buy a little elbow thingie off of ebay for 40 bucks to make it look a little more... "polished" but.. i dont really care so i left it as is. haha

if i'm not mistaken, COLD air intakes give you a higher chance of water getting in.. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

desiree

Alright i think that gave me the confidence i need. Thanks for the pic and i think i am planing on doing it tommoro.

I forgot to ask, but do you like the turboxs intake? Also does it work well with the AP or do you not run an AP?

I Support ClubWRX
    oh here i just searched and found this thread with step by step pictures

How to: Air Box Silencer Delete

and, yeah i like the turboxs. i havent had any problems with it. i'm untuned right now.. no AP or anything.

desiree

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    oh here i just searched and found this thread with step by step pictures

How to: Air Box Silencer Delete

and, yeah i like the turboxs. i havent had any problems with it. i'm untuned right now.. no AP or anything.
    O thats pretty nice. Thanks for the link. Yea the first thing i got was the ap so i am looking into my next mod.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.