wrx swap
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx swap within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; hey guys, ive been lurking on this site for a while gathering information. Anyways, i have a 2000 Subaru Impreza ...

Registered User imprezivedrvr97's Avatar

wrx swap

hey guys, ive been lurking on this site for a while gathering information. Anyways, i have a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs, and im looking at swapping over an 02 2.0L wrx engine. Is there anything i should watch out for in particular on this motor, there is 78xxx miles on it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not really, subaru motors are pretty strong, depending on how well it was takin care of. Without tearing it apart you really would not be able to tell if there was any problems. Unless you paid a very cheap cost, you might as well put it in, and if you have problems with getting it to run, tear it back out and take it apart.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Banned
    Bov!!!! and make sure the stock heat shield is firmly in place

thanx for the info, im getting the whole car, yes the whole car, a smashed up wagon for 1200 dollars, so im not gonna pass on that because i can sell the parts i dont need and make pretty mch all that money back, so im gonna do it, ill keep you guys updated thanx again

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivedrvr97 View Post
    thanx for the info, im getting the whole car, yes the whole car, a smashed up wagon for 1200 dollars, so im not gonna pass on that because i can sell the parts i dont need and make pretty mch all that money back, so im gonna do it, ill keep you guys updated thanx again
    Good deal man.

Congrats on the purchase. Let us know how everything is going
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

thanxs i will

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.