Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I have a 03 yellow wrx and I have an intermittent problem that the dealership has told me that it's ...

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 03 yellow wrx and I have an intermittent problem that the dealership has told me that it's a wrx problem and I should get used to it. Sometimes, especially after I have driven it for a while, distance or in traffic, it stalls and jumps when I push it at all. Not flooring it, even a gentle push. It feels like it's not getting gas or air and it drops in power when I accelerate, like a push...stop...push...stop, almost like your running out of gas. I just had it tuned (plugs n all), I have a blow off valve, cat back, and a short ram.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by traumawrx View Post
    I have a 03 yellow wrx and I have an intermittent problem that the dealership has told me that it's a wrx problem and I should get used to it.
    No. The car runs smoothly when working correctly. You have a fault.

It feels like it's not getting gas or air and it drops in power when I accelerate, like a push...stop...push...stop, almost like your running out of gas. I just had it tuned (plugs n all),
    What do you mean by "tuned?" Do you mean a tune-up (spark plugs, oil and oil filter, air and air filter etc. or do you mean loading a custom map to the ECU?

Is the CEL on? What error codes is it complaining about?

I have a blow off valve... and a short ram.
    Fix these problems and see what happens. Replacing both with the correct factory parts certainly won't hurt the car. Also, if you've just had a tune-up, check the MAF sensor connection and make sure the sensor itself is clean. You might also check the entire intake track for leaks (but you already know you have at least one leak -- the BOV).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

No, tuned just means the 60,000 mile tune up, no ECU mods. The CEL does not come on, does that mean a minor replacement or adjustment? Would a BOV go bad and leak? By the car doing that action, does that mean a leak in pressure somewhere? Do you have a BOV? advantages vs disadvantages?