STi TMIC on WRX with samco I/C hose - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on STi TMIC on WRX with samco I/C hose within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by RedDragon89 have a quick question. i have a 02 srp wrx and would like to get a ...

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon89 View Post
    have a quick question. i have a 02 srp wrx and would like to get a usdm sti tmic. i would also like to install samco hoses. so do i need to extend the hoses even if the top mout comes with the sti y-pipe?
    Sell STI y-pipe and use a Samco y-hose with a coupler.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Or StylinMotors.com. Plus they have a sale going on if your code NASIOC you get 30% off. can't beat those savings. think it ends today though.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXgotit View Post
    That splitter is probly pretty nice to have but in the comparison pic's they look pretty close to the same size? The opening anyway . There was a post someone made that was on to something, about tilting The TMIC with spacers and alittle bit longer bolts and for them this cooled their TMIC alot faster (keeping stock TM splitter)?? And by the looks of the STi's Splitter it looks like itdouse that job couse it has that added wing in the center of the intake area wich would be like tilting the the TMIC to get a better full cooling?

I think I mite be just thinking to hard. . Or this could be the loop hole to save 80-90 dollars after STi's TMIC install?
    I still have the WRX splitter over my STI TMIC. Haven't had any problems. Car doesn't feel heat soaked unless I get stuck in traffic for a while.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

StylinMotors has updated their kits. Now no question what you need to get. Silicone Hose Kits for Subaru. StylinMotors Inc.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent77 View Post
    much nicer and my fuel economy went up for highway driving
    Completely unrelated and way off topic but nice Resist quote you have there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123