Swapping out turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Swapping out turbo within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Wow, I searched the forum and didn't find anything on changing out your turbo; thats amazing. Anyways, when you're swapping ...

Swapping out turbo

Wow, I searched the forum and didn't find anything on changing out your turbo; thats amazing.

Anyways, when you're swapping out the turbo is it a pretty straight forward deal? unbolt and rebolt? or do i have to worry about clamping any of the oil/coolant hoses or do they drain out once the car's off?

I broke a stud off in my stock tdo4 and im thinking of just getting another used stock tdo4 and swapping it. I'll figure out how to get the stud out (probably with vise-grips) and sell it.
    she was like "ahhhh you're nailing me!..cool."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Ummm, I don't know what guidelines you used to search but try here:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/search...archid=1128533
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

umm if you click the "New Posts" button right now youd find this thread Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE!

Im sure youll find some answers there
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Ummm, I don't know what guidelines you used to search but try here:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/search...archid=1128533

none of those answer my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    umm if you click the "New Posts" button right now youd find this thread Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE!

Im sure youll find some answers there

im already running d/p, u/p, tbe... im asking about the fluids and anything that might sneak up on me... everything seems pretty striaght forward, i just don't want to get into it and find a surprise, and i don't wanna leak fluid all over the place... if thats even possible.

I guess that post didnt have much about turbo removal. To answer your Q, yes fluids will leak especially coolant. I used a fat sharpie to plug the lower coolant line. the oil line dont leak very much, just make sure to replace the rings that seal the oil feed line. Dont bend the oil feed line because youll find it pretty hard to line the threads up again
    - Local Riceist

ok thanks... i should probably take pix and post it in this thread... if i remember i will...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.