for those with intercooler waterspray kits
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on for those with intercooler waterspray kits within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; if you mounted a water resevoir in the trunk, can ya tell me how you led the hose to the ...

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX

for those with intercooler waterspray kits

if you mounted a water resevoir in the trunk, can ya tell me how you led the hose to the trunk? i was wholly confused when i tried to do that with mine, and i couldn't find a friggin way, so i just led the hose through the middle seat pass-through

oh btw, what did u use for the resevoir? post pics!!! (cause right now i'm using an old milk gallon jug )
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    alright, c'mon. i know a bunch of u guys on here have IC sprayer kits - lets hear some input!!
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I cheated - I have a wagon which already has two spray motors fitted. I rewired the motor to the spray controller and pulled off the rear spray hose and replaced it with the hose that goes to the spray nozzles.

The rear motor is mounted slightly higher than the front nozzles - so it doesn't run me out of water for the windscreen.

I rarely used the rear spray - so it was a good compromise for me!

PNG
    I'm eventually gonna rig a permanent sprayer using the washer fluid tank. Mine's a wagon, too, but I'll keep both pumps functional by adding a third externally to run the sprayer, and putting a bulkhead fitting and dip tube into the top of the tank. That way, it won't leak, and I can put the end of the pickup tube down about where the second pump intake is so that I don't run the front washer system dry.

I Support ClubWRX
    damn...i'm tryin to figure out how to run the hoses to the trunk, but both of ya'll have wagons lol
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I didn't get full on details - but the MRT tech that I spoke to about this when I was considering a trunk reservoir said you could run it under the carpet through the cab and then through the firewall. He was unclear on how to get it from the trunk to the under seat spot.

I have found with anything like this a very useful tool is a straightened coathanger - try sticking it thru from where you want it to pop out and then looking for it in the trunk.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew

I Support ClubWRX
    ooo...a coathanger - thats a good idea

i'll try that tonight
    thanks man!

-Robert
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.