How to connect the SBC-iD solenoid hoses
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How to connect the SBC-iD solenoid hoses within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Since I've noticed a bit of confusion, I'm going to just lay this out... Of course, I'm not responsible for ...

How to connect the SBC-iD solenoid hoses

Since I've noticed a bit of confusion, I'm going to just lay this out...

Of course, I'm not responsible for anything that you do to your car. This is simply a guide.

1) Find the "T" fitting on the hose that runs from the compressor outlet to the wastegate actuator. Disconnect the Hose from the "T" side and pull the "T" fitting out, leaving two open ends. Don't lose the hose clamps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg  
    Last edited by djrez4; 10-17-2002 at 12:41 AM.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2) Grab one of the white hose fittings that came with the SBC. It should have one side smaller than the other. Fit the smaller side into the end of the hose that runs from the compressor inlet. Use the hose clamp that you left on there to clamp it down,

Cut a length of the hose that is supplied with the SBC to run from the fitting you've just installed to the "IN" on the solenoid unit. You want this hose to be as short as possible without kinking or stretching.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p8160018.jpg  
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

3) Follow #2, but use the hose from the wastegate actuator and run the SBC hose to the "OUT" on the solenoid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p8160019.jpg  

4) The hoses on the solenoid unit should be clamped with the hose clamps supplied with the SBC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p8160020.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.