SPT Exhaust??? Good Deal???

This is a discussion on SPT Exhaust??? Good Deal??? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just recently bought a used SPT catback exhaust system off a buddy. He has the original box with it, ...

SPT Exhaust??? Good Deal???

i just recently bought a used SPT catback exhaust system off a buddy. He has the original box with it, but no instructions (not that i need them ), but i bought it off of him for $200. Does that sound like a pretty good deal?. It was kinda a impulse buy i guess. Just wanted to know if $200 was a good deal, and it has about 10k miles on it, never used in salt or snow. Still has polished shine for the most part. Also how long will it take me to put this on? It's all bolt up right? It's going on a 05 wrx sedan (all stock). All feedback is very much appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAP783
    i just recently bought a used SPT catback exhaust system off a buddy. He has the original box with it, but no instructions (not that i need them ), but i bought it off of him for $200. Does that sound like a pretty good deal?. It was kinda a impulse buy i guess. Just wanted to know if $200 was a good deal, and it has about 10k miles on it, never used in salt or snow. Still has polished shine for the most part. Also how long will it take me to put this on? It's all bolt up right? It's going on a 05 wrx sedan (all stock). All feedback is very much appreciated!
    A few things to point out

1. There are two versions of the Bosal single-tip exhaust. One is the much cheaper Bosal SS (which is not in circulation at the moment and may never be again) and the second is the official Subaru SPT (exact same exhaust as the Bosal SS, but double the price). The people that already have them are in no hurry to give them up. Your friend could have probably sold this privately for quite a bit more.

2. The Bosal SPT retailed for around 370 I believe, and the official Subaru SPT retails for 800. For 200 bucks, that seems like a good deal if there ever was one.

I don't think it will give you much trouble at all, some people can do the swap in under an hour. Make sure you have the proper tools, safety equipment and WD40.
    Last edited by VitaminWRX; 03-14-2005 at 12:10 AM.

it is actually the real subaru SPT. so i guess i got a pretty good deal then. can't wait to get it on!