turbo timer or not?

This is a discussion on turbo timer or not? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well.. i just got my 03 wrx and am deciding on what to get first for it. i need help ...

turbo timer or not?

well.. i just got my 03 wrx and am deciding on what to get first for it. i need help on if a turbo timer is worth it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

all depends if you have time to sit in your car for a lil bit or not
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

its been talked about before... these cars do not really need a tt. Since the turbo is water cooled water still circulates for a minute or two after you shut the car down, therefore cooling the turbo. Really, the most you ever need to let this car run after driving really hard is about 30 seconds. So its up to you, (i have one, its a cool effect)
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Ian
    It's like extra insurance, you don't need it but it doesn't hurt to have it

I would get one. Last thing you want is a seized turbo or cracked oil passage.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

I Support ClubWRX
    Not needed unless you can use the TT as a dual purpose boost gauge like the Blitz Dual DC TT has IMHO. There are reasons why the turbos on stock WRX's have coolant lines bolted up to them.