MAF Sensor Malfunction?

This is a discussion on MAF Sensor Malfunction? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so I start my 02 WRX up last night and it is running really slugish and sloppy like when ...

MAF Sensor Malfunction?

Ok, so I start my 02 WRX up last night and it is running really slugish and sloppy like when you first learn how to drive stick. Anyways, I was goin about 10 and the car stalls and throws a CEL. I had to get my girlfriend home and the car kept stalling but I finally got it on the highway and it was fine. As I started to slow down it just died. The car run at idle but it would stall as soon as I hit the gas. After jacking with it for awhile I finally got a blinking CEL and had it towed. Now here is the list of CEL codes:

P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input
    P0301/302/303/304 Misfire in all cylinders
    P1301 Fire due to increased exhaust temperature
    P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
    P0545 Exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit low input

All of this makes me think it has something to do with the MAF sensor. Could a wire be loose on the sensor or could it be bad? I do have an AEM intake but the car came like that. What should I do next?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The first thing I would look for is to make sure the harness is connected to the MAF sensor first. If it is, take out the MAF and perform this procedure:

ATTENTION!!! - K&N, ITG, Perrin Drop-in Air Filter Users

If that doesn't help, you may need a new sensor.