Stock WRX turbo is not a 13G it is a 13T - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Stock WRX turbo is not a 13G it is a 13T within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What kind of setup are you running now Larry? I'm in the process of getting a TD05H-16G sorted out. It ...

setup

What kind of setup are you running now Larry?
    I'm in the process of getting a TD05H-16G sorted out. It will be mid-summer before I get to a point that I really have a handle on it (all the supporting mods done), and know what its potential is, but first impressions are very nice.

Lots of guys in the UK think this is the turbo that should have come on the car, as they have been running them for a long time.
    Larry
    13.239@102.85 -- 5800 ft altitude
    on the stock TD04L-13T turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    i don't know if you guys know but Volvos have TD turbos too
    my friend pulled his off of Volvo 940 Turbo and it was etiher TD033 or TD05 i don't remember now
    Do you know anything about this Larry? Could they have a TD05H or "16G" stock? If so, that would be a great option for us to look into. What is the difference between a TD05 and a TD05H?

I think people seem to be overlooking the fact that no matter what the compressor is called, it's still the exact same one people have been using for the last few years, and if you want to know what it's capable of, there are a million posts saying what people have done on a stock turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted4
    Wow, the 14b actually flows that much? I know that 1g dsm's have gone 12's on it but I didnt realized it was capable of 500cfm's. So what are the benefits of getting a 16g over a 14b? If it doesnt flow any more than the 14b and people are basically giving them away, it seems like a moot point.
    DS motorsport ran 11.6 i believe on their stock turboed talon in my opinion the 14b is a pretty good turbo, i know tho that when im ready to do a turbo swap (after i blow up my stockers) i will be doing a gt series, my friend has a gt30 on his dsm and it spools just as quick as his stock but pull like a madman past 7500.... for that i think its worth the money.....theres nothing like a spinning turbo after your car turns off.....
    Last edited by EJsportDOTcom; 08-17-2005 at 10:12 AM.

I am a member of the 3/S(3000gt/Stealth) www.3si.org community for a while now, and the stock WRX (non-sti) turbo is a great upgrade for our cars. They flow close to td04-15g or better numbers. We have guys running nearly 28psi on a set of stock 13T's with my Alcohol injection kit that I make and sell.

An awesome upgrade for us is to have a 19T compressor wheel put in place of the 13T compressor wheel. I am looking for a set now to convert to 19T's. We use your 13T compressor and chra with our bored out exhaust housing to use on our cars.

I have also heard of a company that puts the 16G compressor wheel in the 13T compressor housing as well. Awesome upgrades can be had for cheap on your stock turbos. I am not too versed in your turbo upgrade and prices though.

Just though I would drop a little info for you all.

rite.....thankx lol

so ive got a stupid question, but looking at my turbo it is stamped td04L, is that the same as td04L-13t

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes. "13T" is the compressor wheel. The "Td04L" is the family/turbine section.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123