2nd stage of upgrades
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2nd stage of upgrades within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, hopefully i'll get my loan through this next week for the parts i'm looking at. Let me know ...

2nd stage of upgrades

Hey guys, hopefully i'll get my loan through this next week for the parts i'm looking at. Let me know what you think here goes....

TXS Utec (ditching the unichip)
    TXS FMIC
    TXS Short Intake
    Apexi Turbo Timer
    Greddy EGT Warning Gauge 52mm
    Greddy Oil Pressure Gauge 52mm
    Lotek Double A-Pillar Gauge Pod
    Perrin/samco Radiator Hose Kit (not sure)
    Perrin/samco Turbo Inlet Pipe (not sure)
    Sti Injectors 550cc (might get PE's)
    Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump
    TDo5 18g by Deadbolt speeds
    Greddy Oil Catch Can
    STI RA Gear Set

If anyone thinks i could add any parts or change out parts for better quality let me know!
    1 recomendation i got already was get some bigger injectors, should i get the PE 650 or 800's?
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TXSnEj20
    Hey guys, hopefully i'll get my loan through this next week for the parts i'm looking at. Let me know what you think here goes....

TXS FMIC
    TXS Short Intake
    Apexi Turbo Timer
    Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump
    Greddy Oil Catch Can
    STI RA Gear Set

If anyone thinks i could add any parts or change out parts for better quality let me know!
    1 recomendation i got already was get some bigger injectors, should i get the PE 650 or 800's?
    switch out those injectors for something larger, you're going to come close to maxxing them out on pump with that turbo.

TXS FMIC
    TXS Short Intake
    Apexi Turbo Timer
    Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump
    Greddy Oil Catch Can
    STI RA Gear Set

Do what brian said get the PE 800's and get it over with. Im currently with a vf-30 100 static on my sti injectors (well before i blew my car up)

also im not a fan of the WALBRO fuel pump.. it's noisy and cheap... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, so get the PE fuel pump or a OEM supra fuel pump..

as for the Tubro timer... apexi makes a sweet ass timer but isnt the deadbolt a Water/oil turbo? you dont need it.. save your money and put it towards better products.
    Last edited by Biaxin; 01-16-2005 at 07:36 PM.

yeah having had both turbos O/W and oilcooled only I would definately suggest getting an O/W turbo. It's just a pain in the ass to let your car run for 10 minutes every time you get out of it.
    _B

Go for the FP green turbo with moded stock injectors. Have the moded injectors flow tested to make sure they are safe. Remember that the bigger injectors the worse the idle will be (PE800). Run 23-24PSI and your good for a 11 easy.

23-24 PSI will be pushing the motor so watch the timming on time end. I'd say no more then 20 degrees.
    This is just my option, you can do what you want.

how many people do you know that ran a green'd stock block wrx into the 11's?

TripleX is the only one that I can think off off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by initfive
    Go for the FP green turbo with moded stock injectors. Have the moded injectors flow tested to make sure they are safe. Remember that the bigger injectors the worse the idle will be (PE800). Run 23-24PSI and your good for a 11 easy.

23-24 PSI will be pushing the motor so watch the timming on time end. I'd say no more then 20 degrees.
    This is just my option, you can do what you want.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by initfive
    I don't See how the Modified stock injectors "are safe". Grinding off the cap that creates the spray pattern to increase flow is CRAZY (my opinion) I grinded off one of my stock injectors to see what was underneath the cap... The piston that releases the fuel is exposed. I think yes.. you get a flow of 740cc's but they will drip in the fuel rail and not be fuel efficient. Maybe im just Blind and there is some kind of Fuel Injector Conspiracy Therory and "The Man" is making us pay more

I know im gonna stir up some **** here but we are talking about our car's fuel. That is like our blood, e.g. say our arteries were blocked If we needed a bypass surgery and it was recommended.... we opt to take angioplasty because its cheaper, yes it would work too but I would rather have new arteries then a roto rooter

THIS IS MY OPINION so go ahead let the flaming & brawl begin =) I hope someone has my back =P

God
    I agree that modified injectors is not something I will use on any of my projects. Spray pattern is crucial just as much as volume of fuel. I have had a few modified fuel injector cars in here and they have not idled well in comparison to a nicer larger injector from Denso. TSNEJ20, your setup sounds good apart from the injectors. I have made the pinks go static before on the VF30/34 and I'm sure it will happen with the 18G. I assume you already have an uppipe and downpipe. Something you may also want to consider is a manifold to go along with the turbo. Makes a sizable difference on an 18G and is pretty cost effective. I would skip the rad hoses by the way. I just use stock ones usually.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Hey guys thanks for the posts. Ya between clubwrx and wrxtuners i've decided to can the radiator hoses and going with the PE injectors 800's sound good saying that no mater what size you get they are the same price. I'll look into the pe fuel pump or supra fuel pump. I thought walbro was at least decent since thats what everyone sells. I want to make sure i have good quality stuff for my car. Thats why i'm not gonna hack up the injectors. Whats a good site to check out for a intake manifold. I havn't seen any at the normal sites w1p, fastwx.com, jscspeed, etc. Once again thanks guys!
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

Hey guys thanks for the posts. Ya between clubwrx and wrxtuners i've decided to can the radiator hoses and going with the PE injectors 800's sound good saying that no mater what size you get they are the same price. I'll look into the pe fuel pump or supra fuel pump. I thought walbro was at least decent since thats what everyone sells. I want to make sure i have good quality stuff for my car. Thats why i'm not gonna hack up the injectors. Whats a good site to check out for a intake manifold. I havn't seen any at the normal sites w1p, fastwx.com, jscspeed, etc. Once again thanks guys!
    there is only one manufactuer that "will" be producing a intake manifold.
    http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/index.htm

i think they said it will be $1200.00 but they are claiming 35whp... if it's true im getting it

Hmm, i checked out gruppe-s' website for the PE 800's. They suggest the 800's for 350-450 awhp. 650's for 300-350. I know i wont be making no 350 awhp with my setup. Should i go with the 650's? Also out of oil catch cans which one would be #1 choice, Greddy, Perrin or Helix. Perrins the most expensive!
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

Hmm, i checked out gruppe-s' website for the PE 800's. They suggest the 800's for 350-450 awhp. 650's for 300-350. I know i wont be making no 350 awhp with my setup. Should i go with the 650's? Also out of oil catch cans which one would be #1 choice, Greddy, Perrin or Helix. Perrins the most expensive!

go with the 800cc injectors and a Greddy oil catch can

ps check your private messege folder i sent you some info.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.