Rocketman1's Next WRX project - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

This is a discussion on Rocketman1's Next WRX project within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I love you......

I love you...
    '06 WRX STI is in my near future, Stage 2 here I come

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

under hood almost complete....FINALLY

I know it has been forever, but..........

OK...I got under the hood good enough that I could take a few pictures....I have mounts made for everything except the radiator tops. I am having some made, and if they turn out nice, may have "extras" made (to make dropping a WRX rad into a GC8 a bolt-in deal).

Pay no attention to the power steering bottle..I have the mount made, but it bolts to the bumper mounts, so I cant hook it up til I put the front end back on.

Tried to keep the wiring OEM looking....I judged it against my friends RS, and it looks close.....

Boost controller / engine plug mount is a mix of WRX and RS....I still need to add the 'ears' so I can install the black plastic cover....that will come soon...

After trying several different spots, I mounted the cruise control in the inner fender well....The wiring reached, and the cable was the correct length. That install was a PITA...but I think it was worth it. Looks pretty clean.

I am still not quite done, but getting closer. Still have to swap in the WRX brake master cylinder, rad mounts, and 'mod' the inner hood scoop vent to fit. Also, I still have to re-bolt the AC dryer (after the interior bits get installed)

I mainly wanted to get the wiring all cleaned up under the hood, so I could get the lengths right for mounting everything. Now I need to turn my attention to the wiring inside. I may try to get a jump on it tomorrow.....maybe.

I will post pics of the rad brackets later, if they come out to my liking....hopefully everyone will like them / want to 'acquire' a set them.....

Last edited by rocketman1; 07-29-2006 at 03:41 PM.
    " Moorepower Motorsports - Subaru Maintenance and Mods "

Subaru UN-authorized repair center

"Warrantees voided while you wait"

Project 1: the beginning

Project 1: SOLD

PROJECT 2: Fun begins again

Banned
    YOU ARE MY HERO! I managed to waste half a day reading your threads they are very insperational. I love the old style subies. And yours has nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ERIKBROCKHOFF View Post
    YOU ARE MY HERO! I managed to waste half a day reading your threads they are very insperational. I love the old style subies. And yours has nuts.
    Thanks....

I have been so busy doing other projects (read: other people's cars) that I havent had much time to work on my own stuff. It is sitting in the garage, under a car cover, awaiting for me to finish an engine R&R on a friends Imp wagon. Once I get that done, I MAY(?) have to do a tranny swap for someone, but THEN.......

I should be able to start working on my own stuff again.

I was able to do all the little fixes that my Imp wagon needed to be reliable, I put new tires and battery on the bike, and I even got myself another car (much more expensiver projects in store for that one).....sooooooooooo I can take the WRS out of service to finally finish all the odds and ends. Now all I need is about 48 hrs in a day, for a few months, then I would have it done.

Here's to free time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Moorepower Motorsports - Subaru Maintenance and Mods "

Subaru UN-authorized repair center

"Warrantees voided while you wait"

Project 1: the beginning

Project 1: SOLD

PROJECT 2: Fun begins again

vlenhoff
    OMG you're my hero! Wow, you have as much nuts as the car.

I hope to see the finalized pictures. No rush...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789