Rocketman1's Next WRX project - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

This is a discussion on Rocketman1's Next WRX project within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I love you......

I love you...
    '06 WRX STI is in my near future, Stage 2 here I come

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

under hood almost complete....FINALLY

I know it has been forever, but..........

OK...I got under the hood good enough that I could take a few pictures....I have mounts made for everything except the radiator tops. I am having some made, and if they turn out nice, may have "extras" made (to make dropping a WRX rad into a GC8 a bolt-in deal).

Pay no attention to the power steering bottle..I have the mount made, but it bolts to the bumper mounts, so I cant hook it up til I put the front end back on.

Tried to keep the wiring OEM looking....I judged it against my friends RS, and it looks close.....

Boost controller / engine plug mount is a mix of WRX and RS....I still need to add the 'ears' so I can install the black plastic cover....that will come soon...

After trying several different spots, I mounted the cruise control in the inner fender well....The wiring reached, and the cable was the correct length. That install was a PITA...but I think it was worth it. Looks pretty clean.

I am still not quite done, but getting closer. Still have to swap in the WRX brake master cylinder, rad mounts, and 'mod' the inner hood scoop vent to fit. Also, I still have to re-bolt the AC dryer (after the interior bits get installed)

I mainly wanted to get the wiring all cleaned up under the hood, so I could get the lengths right for mounting everything. Now I need to turn my attention to the wiring inside. I may try to get a jump on it tomorrow.....maybe.

I will post pics of the rad brackets later, if they come out to my liking....hopefully everyone will like them / want to 'acquire' a set them.....

Last edited by rocketman1; 07-29-2006 at 03:41 PM.
    " Moorepower Motorsports - Subaru Maintenance and Mods "

Subaru UN-authorized repair center

"Warrantees voided while you wait"

Project 1: the beginning

Project 1: SOLD

PROJECT 2: Fun begins again

Banned
    YOU ARE MY HERO! I managed to waste half a day reading your threads they are very insperational. I love the old style subies. And yours has nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ERIKBROCKHOFF View Post
    YOU ARE MY HERO! I managed to waste half a day reading your threads they are very insperational. I love the old style subies. And yours has nuts.
    Thanks....

I have been so busy doing other projects (read: other people's cars) that I havent had much time to work on my own stuff. It is sitting in the garage, under a car cover, awaiting for me to finish an engine R&R on a friends Imp wagon. Once I get that done, I MAY(?) have to do a tranny swap for someone, but THEN.......

I should be able to start working on my own stuff again.

I was able to do all the little fixes that my Imp wagon needed to be reliable, I put new tires and battery on the bike, and I even got myself another car (much more expensiver projects in store for that one).....sooooooooooo I can take the WRS out of service to finally finish all the odds and ends. Now all I need is about 48 hrs in a day, for a few months, then I would have it done.

Here's to free time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Moorepower Motorsports - Subaru Maintenance and Mods "

Subaru UN-authorized repair center

"Warrantees voided while you wait"

Project 1: the beginning

Project 1: SOLD

PROJECT 2: Fun begins again

vlenhoff
    OMG you're my hero! Wow, you have as much nuts as the car.

I hope to see the finalized pictures. No rush...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.