Rocketman1's Next WRX project - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rocketman1's Next WRX project within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Took it out on the first official long shakedown run. No problems whatsoever! My friend with a 2.5 RS was ...

Its official

Took it out on the first official long shakedown run. No problems whatsoever!

My friend with a 2.5 RS was very unhappy at the rate that I pulled away.....I could easily pull on a stock WRX (like anyone actually has a STOCK WRX anyways)....

Cant wait till the DP and MBC get put on...
    " Moorepower Motorsports - Subaru Maintenance and Mods "

Subaru UN-authorized repair center

"Warrantees voided while you wait"

Project 1: the beginning

Project 1: SOLD

PROJECT 2: Fun begins again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats man, i am glad to see you finish.

Where did you take the wrecked body, I need a front hard line for the brakes.

And, lets see some more pics of the motor in the engine bay. and the car all done.

congrats again!
    I LOVE WINTER!!!!

Awesome to hear that it's up and running. Mary Shelley would be proud.

Definitely want to see some pictures of the final product.

final

its not quite final yet....still lots of cleaning up to do...will post pics when i am ready for people to see my handywork

Dippi...i have the lines.,....stop by to pick them up

how did i not see this thread earlier
    this is awesome man, big props to you. Car is great
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

slackin

Well I have been otherwise occupied lately.

I plan on spending the day sorting thru my pile-o-parts in the garage, and I am going to put up a list of FOR SALEs. I will put a link here when I get the post up. If anyone needs anything, PM me and I will check. I have a basic idea of what I have.

Pics of the completed vehicle? I want to see this frankenstein beast in action! I bet it's way fun to drive, aren't the older 2.5rs's way lighter than the rexxes?
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

parts cleanout

Pics, please?

pics

will do pics when it is finished...still putting things together...not all pretty yet

great job... very inspirational!

wow....that is some dedication.
    i do have one question. im new to this engine. couldnt you use the 2.5 block with the new setup?
    good job once again.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph
    of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmond Burke
    "I don't think you will"
    05CGMWagon

engine

The RS 2.5 was built with highcompression pistons, and is single cams....I guess I COULD have put pistons in the engine, and built it up, but I wanted to do the WRX swap first. I plan on building a 2.5 block with worked WRX heads and a turbo upgrade in the futrue, but for now, its pretty fast.

hmmmm

still here, still around and alive,

still havent finished the car...been doing other peoples cars and 2 jobs...I have put MANY miles on the car, with only one little nit so far. Fuel gauge isnt quite right. Goes down to around 1/4, and no further...almost ran car out of gas first time. Not sure that the cause is; there are several possibilities

other than that, car runs strong. Ran an 02 WRX with 16.5 lbs, UTEC, U/P, and full TBE...pulled on him....and that is with my WRS stock. Cant wait to crank it up a notch or 5. Drove a friends RS, and forgot how nice it was to have a dashboard. Things should call down by April...hope to have time to finish car up then.

Where has the time gone???????????

I started this swap LONG ago, and its still not complete. Work has been busy, been coaching (even in the off season)...done WAY too much work on other people's cars...etc etc...boo hoo....excuses excuses.....

Ok.....I swear that I am going to finish this thing one day....I was having so much fun driving it, that I didnt want to work on it. I kept finding reasons not to. So I did the only thing that I could do to make sure that I started working on it finally.........I RIPPED a bunch of parts off it, so it wasnt drivable. I pulled off lots of the suspension parts, and sold them.. ...NEW Whiteline products are on the way from Australia now (JDM front X-member means JDM bar, which noone seems to car in the states...plus I wanted some HEAVYDUTY stuff.). I also pulled off and sold the stock boost controller, rendering the car un-startable.

Finally took the time to do some permanent mounting. Finished the brackets for the power steering fluid bottle, the boost controller (and associated connector brackets), installed hood struts (no more rod in the way), and am 90% done with the stealth bracket for the cruise control (not a lot of room for that thing...I can see why many swaps leave it out......I had to pull the entire front end off the car to get it to go where I wanted it.) .... I started mocking up the upper Rad mounts, but havent come up with anything that I am happy with yet

While I was cleaning things up, I checked the coolant tank, and found the well known flaking paint (02 problem). I figured I could have a bit of fun, so I had it powder coated, and put it back together with much nicer bolts.

I picked up a Perrin EBCS, which is installed, but not wired, and a MEGAN DP, still laying on the floor. Since the Perrin didnt come with a schematic, anyone know which hose goes where???????

Still have to find a place to mount the alarm siren, then I can do the final cleanup and wrapping of the under-hood harness.

While I have the engine compartment stripped, I am going to finally install the WRX master cylinder/booster, and then the stainless lines I have had laying around for 2 years.

Have picked up a few exterior goodies, but they have to wait till the car is running, and has an interior...I was starting to think of a dashboard as a novelty.

I will put a few pics in once I get the engine bay cleaned up a bit....hope for it to look as close to OEM as possible.

I have a bunch of motivation to get it done now...I am tired of driving the 90 HP FWD "L" around...No lets just hope I can remember where all the parts are supposed to go....May need to look at a few 'donor' cars to figure it all out.

See. I really am still alive, for now.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.