2.2K Ohm Resistor Mod - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on 2.2K Ohm Resistor Mod within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The resistor goes in the EGT plug from the ECU. Terminal to terminal....

I Support ClubWRX
    The resistor goes in the EGT plug from the ECU. Terminal to terminal.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok, and then i can remove the EGT sensor and wire from the up-pipe and just plug it with a bolt correct?
    A.K.A. The Stig

"Some say, if he caught fire he would burn for 1000 days, and that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nurburgring....all we know is, he's called The Stig" - Top Gear

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Cool, thanks a lot man, i appreciate it
    A.K.A. The Stig

"Some say, if he caught fire he would burn for 1000 days, and that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nurburgring....all we know is, he's called The Stig" - Top Gear

Gentlemen, did the mod yesterday, reset the ECU, CEL came back on last night. Ill check the codes later tonight but I have the PnP grimspeed headers, up pipe and invidia dp- All catless. So I guess that its the 2nd O2 sensor. The link for the do-dad you splice in is dead and I was hoping someone knew how to do that mod with radioshack gear

Quote Originally Posted by Fourteen Alpha View Post
    Gentlemen, did the mod yesterday, reset the ECU, CEL came back on last night. Ill check the codes later tonight but I have the PnP grimspeed headers, up pipe and invidia dp- All catless. So I guess that its the 2nd O2 sensor. The link for the do-dad you splice in is dead and I was hoping someone knew how to do that mod with radioshack gear
    Has the Computer been tuned for the catless downpipe? If no, then that's your problem. Please read the stickies (FAQ's) in this portion of the forum
    Tuning: Electronic Engine Management
    Specifically this one.
    Yes, you need an EM for engine mods

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    Has the Computer been tuned for the catless downpipe? If no, then that's your problem. Please read the stickies (FAQ's) in this portion of the forum
    Tuning: Electronic Engine Management
    Specifically this one.
    Yes, you need an EM for engine mods
    Ahthankyoo.
    had a friend read out the code, forgot the # but it was bank 1 cat inefficient . untill i save up for the larger turbo, intake, tgv's and PnP intake manifold to justify the tune..... i guess ill just look at the light

I just bought a 2002 Subaru WRX a few days ago and it has a full Cobb exhaust, I've been getting P0546 The EGT Sensor (Bank 1), it says circuit high. I also have a gauge in the car that should be reading that sensor while I drive but its been pulled out and bunged up, so unless there's another sensor I'm not aware of, I'm not sure why I'm getting this code...

Quote Originally Posted by iRwong View Post
    I just bought a 2002 Subaru WRX a few days ago and it has a full Cobb exhaust, I've been getting P0546 The EGT Sensor (Bank 1), it says circuit high. I also have a gauge in the car that should be reading that sensor while I drive but its been pulled out and bunged up, so unless there's another sensor I'm not aware of, I'm not sure why I'm getting this code...
    I had a similar problem getting EGT codes when installed full decatted uppipe + downpipe + catback. As upipe was catless I decided to remove EGT sensor to avoid damage to it. Just used Tactrix Openport cable and Ecuflash to disable all EGT sensor related codes.

I just found that my uppipe is aftermarket and the EGT sensor is still plugged in so I think I'll try to do the resistor mod and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by iRwong View Post
    I just found that my uppipe is aftermarket and the EGT sensor is still plugged in so I think I'll try to do the resistor mod and see what happens.

Sorry to revive an old thread. Did a video on the resistor mod.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.