2.2K Ohm Resistor Mod - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2.2K Ohm Resistor Mod within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; After 2 20min drives the CEL has turned off, Success! Great mod, Thanks guys...

After 2 20min drives the CEL has turned off, Success! Great mod, Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bumpity bump
    I just did an HKS downpipe and a gutted uppipe. The downpipe came with a fix from gruppe-s and I got the 2.2k resister from radio shack. However, I still have a cell. Any thoughts? It's been a few days and quite a few miles driven but it's still there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Shamr0ck
    Bumpity bump
    I just did an HKS downpipe and a gutted uppipe. The downpipe came with a fix from gruppe-s and I got the 2.2k resister from radio shack. However, I still have a cell. Any thoughts? It's been a few days and quite a few miles driven but it's still there.
    Have you reset the ECU yet after installing the 2.2k ohm resistor? Try that and see if you get another CEL.

Yeah I reset it. I actually just got back inside after trying some combos. I took off the 2.2k and plugged the socket back into it. Connected the battery, started the car, and poof. First time it's been gone since I did this work to my car. I dont get it

Originally posted by Shamr0ck
    Yeah I reset it. I actually just got back inside after trying some combos. I took off the 2.2k and plugged the socket back into it. Connected the battery, started the car, and poof. First time it's been gone since I did this work to my car. I dont get it
    Anyone?

Raz
    Since you just installed the HKS D/P, you may be getting the CEL from the rear O2 sensor. I'm doing the same combo this weekend, and I've got to find a fix for the rear O2 CEL, since the MIL eliminator doesn't work on 04's.

Look up. I also did the gutted uppipe. Which is why I tried the resistor in the first place. But my check engine light was on until I took it out. Doesn't make any sense to me.

why don't you go get the code pulled so you aren't shooting in the dark?

ken

Question on this subject. When I had my TXS catless uppipe installed just about 10k miles ago the shop installed a MRT uppipe defender it was called to tell the ECU the EGT #'s werent so high. When it comes to this 2.2k ohm resistor is it a different fix then MRT one I used. I realize that this fix is less then $1 but I am curious what the difference between the 2.2k ohn resistor and the MRT uppipe defender? Does anyone know?

Also my CEL was just thrown now 10k miles later with the P1312 code, why did it take so long to throw the CEL after the uppipe install?

Jay

Originally posted by Jay04WRX
    Question on this subject. When I had my TXS catless uppipe installed just about 10k miles ago the shop installed a MRT uppipe defender it was called to tell the ECU the EGT #'s werent so high. When it comes to this 2.2k ohm resistor is it a different fix then MRT one I used. I realize that this fix is less then $1 but I am curious what the difference between the 2.2k ohn resistor and the MRT uppipe defender? Does anyone know?
    Find someone local with a Delta Dash that will let you log the EGTs with the MRT "defender" in place and if they're around 1250F steady, then it's the same damned thing.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

Originally posted by supermarkus
    Find someone local with a Delta Dash that will let you log the EGTs with the MRT "defender" in place and if they're around 1250F steady, then it's the same damned thing.

If I do that and the #'s are around 1250 does this mean the MRT resistor is defective and I should install the 2.2k ohn fix?

Originally posted by Jay04WRX
    If I do that and the #'s are around 1250 does this mean the MRT resistor is defective and I should install the 2.2k ohn fix?
    No. That would mean that you already have the 2.2k ohm resistor mod done, just with an MRT sticker on it.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

So i'm trying to do this mod, but the first image doesn't give me any context of where to start looking for this plug.

It seems to be here
    Last edited by eclip5e; 08-25-2004 at 12:17 PM.

It seriously doesn't get any clearer than those pics man. It's the lowest 2 conductor connector on that mounting bracket. Those pics practically spoon feed you the location. The first pic shows the connector already unplugged and off the mounting bracket.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

Found it, the thin red line above shows where it is better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.