good lord is my rex slow!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on good lord is my rex slow! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; As of late, i am noticing that my car is not pulling NEARLY as hard as it was before. I ...

good lord is my rex slow!

As of late, i am noticing that my car is not pulling NEARLY as hard as it was before. I dont even have 3000miles on it and it is feeling like my dads taurus (well maybe im exadurating a little) im getting worried. it may have something to do with the hks blow off i have. that is the only thing that i have aftermarket under the hood. i dont know whether subaru can fix this or not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's called "You have gotten used to the power of your WRX syndrome."

Only power modifications can cure this.

It's also remotely possible that you got a bad tank of gas and the ECU compensated.

-Pace

Part of is is your adapattionto the car, but has the weather gotten warmer or more humid, because that'll hurt too.

-Jim

Yeah I know what its like to get used to the power in a car, after a while it seems very plain 2 u. The solution like stated above.. make it faster dont worry though, I highy dought there is something wrong with the car
    285whp, still pokey as hell, but It has a 6 speed so Its ok

I Support ClubWRX
    Get a job like mine where you travel a lot, driving rental Chevys and Oldmobiles. Your power problems will be solved when you get home.

C
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Yep, drive something else, preferably a 4 cyl minivan. It'll fix your car.

-Jay

God
    Yep, feels like a Yugo doesn't it? I driv emy car now (all stock except for uppipe) and it feels like a dog. I raced a kid on a bicycle the other day and lost.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Originally posted by God
    Yep, feels like a Yugo doesn't it? I driv emy car now (all stock except for uppipe) and it feels like a dog. I raced a kid on a bicycle the other day and lost.
    haha I hate when my little borthers friends make me look slow
    285whp, still pokey as hell, but It has a 6 speed so Its ok

Originally posted by God
    Did I miss something??!? What happened to you car, God?!?!

Originally posted by God

what do you expect? losing 160 hp in a week is going to have some affects! i mean hell, many cars don't even have 160hp!!

i still think she feels fast.

dR

Look in the rear view mirror

Next time your rex feels slow, just look into the rear view mirror. Man, those cars behind you get small fast!

Peace,

Curtis

God
    Originally posted by TristineLim

Did I miss something??!? What happened to you car, God?!?!
    It is being sold. I have some other projects I'll be busy with and don't worry, I have picked up a new project WRX (or two) that will make headlines soon.
    I'm driving my first passion (a Toyota) for a little while and buying my little brother a car with the money from the Rex. I may return next year with an Sti, not sure at this time.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

wistling rexie -- I too can vouche for the whole car feeling slower issue. I know it's all in my head because I continue to beat my friend's fixed up Acura TL.

God -- when you say Toyota, I assume you're talking about a Supra...am I correct?
    Last edited by WRXin'; 08-29-2002 at 08:07 PM.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

yea, the slow feeling is probably caused by my getting used to the power, but im still gonna borrow my friends g-tech and see is im running anything near the common 1/4 times

Pleeease be a Supra! Good luck with those project cars, by the way!

-Josh (The Godfather)
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.