I'm a cobb stage 2 should i get the borla header?

This is a discussion on I'm a cobb stage 2 should i get the borla header? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well I read on here about 1 guy who likes the borla header with the cobb stage 2 setup. I ...

I'm a cobb stage 2 should i get the borla header?

well I read on here about 1 guy who likes the borla header with the cobb stage 2 setup. I currently have upipe, 3" turboback exhaust, intercooler hoses. so i've read somewhat about the maybe the 5hp gains, and i've read the header info from nasioc. but i just want some input from the guys who have this setup if you've dynoed, and what kind of track numbers you pull, etc. thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cost vs hp doesnt equal out.

youll gain alot more from buying a piggyback ecu or standalone before the header...then you can tune for the header later on.

im not saying it wont help, but i dont think a header on the COBB stage II is worth it IMHO.

their tuning just isnt made for stuff like that and its money better spent elsewhere.

my .02

plus the borla is junk from the few people ive known with them.

go xxtuning header route if youre getting a header.
    Last edited by gusto; 11-18-2004 at 08:31 PM.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're itching to spend that much money right now on something performance-related, I'd buy suspension goodies and/or tranny/engine mounts if you don't already have 'em. Just a suggestion. I also agree that the header probably won't do much.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright