loss of boost
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on loss of boost within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; We have a 97 wrx club spec and are having problems with our boost. It normally runs on 14psi but ...

loss of boost

We have a 97 wrx club spec and are having problems with our boost. It normally runs on 14psi but at the moment it is on safety boost of between 4-7psi. But it jumps from safety to normal boost on occasions. We ahve checked for kinks or holes in hoses but have found nothing.We have also tried disconnecting the battery to reset computer but this also has not worked. Is there anything else we can try or does anyone know what the problem could be? As we do not like running on safety boost not quick enough.

Thanx
    Kim and Vince

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Holy wrong forum batman. Try posting this in the Engine Performance forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    Holy wrong forum batman. Try posting this in the Engine Performance forum.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Is that the way to welcome a new member?
    That was funny though
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    dude, everytime you drive my car you give the turbo blueballs!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome Check the intercooler hoses for a loose clamp, or hose. Check that the wastegate is functioning properly. Also, you may not get much feedback on your problem in this section. Try posting this in the "Engine performance" section.

sry for being an ass, welcome to the club
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club! I was going to move your thread to the correct forum but it appears that our moderators beat me to it.
    Tim
    Admin

Red face

Thanx for the welcome. Sorry for putting it in the wrong spot, my bad. For the past two days it has been running at normal boost but today i was driving and as I went into 5th it decided to go back on safety. We got told it might be the turbo boost solinoid is there any way of checking this?

Thanx
    clubbin

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.