APEXi AVC-R

This is a discussion on APEXi AVC-R within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wondering, I have my APExi set up with Ne points set. At each of these points at lower RPM ...

APEXi AVC-R

Just wondering, I have my APExi set up with Ne points set. At each of these points at lower RPM I start with a 80% duty cycle for 2000, and go down till I hit 60% at 6500 RPM. I have the F/B speed at 5 for first, 4 for second, then 3, 2, 2. So I hit my full target boost of 15.5PSI in first at just about 6500.

Now my question is, when I shift to second at WOT, it jumps to full boost at like 4K and stays there till redline. Same with 3rd and 4th gear. Is this how you want it set up. Thanks!
    TopSpeed S/S header, UP, DP, 3" back, no cats. Samco I/C hoses, XTurbo BOV, EBC @ 16.25 PSI. NGK Iridiuim plugs. AutoMeter pro-comp guages.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXVinny
    Just wondering, I have my APExi set up with Ne points set. At each of these points at lower RPM I start with a 80% duty cycle for 2000, and go down till I hit 60% at 6500 RPM. I have the F/B speed at 5 for first, 4 for second, then 3, 2, 2. So I hit my full target boost of 15.5PSI in first at just about 6500.

Now my question is, when I shift to second at WOT, it jumps to full boost at like 4K and stays there till redline. Same with 3rd and 4th gear. Is this how you want it set up. Thanks!

after messing around with mine.... reset settings set boost and let it self learn...

adjust duty accordingly for spool without spiking then your set..

if you think ur settings are fine leave them where they

I was wondering because I just bought a WRX 2002, is the Apexi AVC-R better than the Greddy Profec B-Spec 2? Or if you could choose from either which one would be the better boost controller?

They are both good, but the Greddy is more user friendly but the AVC-R offers more tunablility....

*moved to engine performance*

you should get some more exposure in here.

dR