Grounding mod?

This is a discussion on Grounding mod? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anyone help me out with this......... What is it, what does it do, and how do I do it ...

Grounding mod?

Can anyone help me out with this.........
    What is it, what does it do, and how do I do it

thanks

mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its an improve ground wire kit. gives a better electrical ground and somehow makes power. (Dyno'd at 7whp on a WRX) Remove stock ground wires and grounding location, put in new ground wires and ground in new location.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

OEM Grounds

Yup yup! I think people are starting to leave the OEM grounds and just doubling them now. Still highly debated though, but it's basically a 'why not' mod. Mine's gonna happen this weekend...I just need a pretty distribution block...

B

Originally posted by SonicYellowWRX
    its an improve ground wire kit. gives a better electrical ground and somehow makes power. (Dyno'd at 7whp on a WRX) Remove stock ground wires and grounding location, put in new ground wires and ground in new location.

there is only ONE OEM ground. the problem with this is most of your car's sensors use an electical charge signal to tell the ECU what's going on. so if there's only one ground, a charge of say +1 is a little different on one side of the engine bay than another. so the ECU is getting signals based on a fixed value, while every sensor thinks that value is a little different.

the grounding mod runs a ground connection to A NUMBER of spots in the bay, bringing the overall charge of the car to equilibrium. njow the ECU is seeing what is REALLY going on, and it responds exactly as it was programmed to.

it has been widely said that this mod returns NO horsepower gains. many on i-club called it a "smoothness" mod, as it was designed to remove some engine stuttering for those with varying levels of mods. many people with an MBC, and many with some of the staged kits complained that boost was hitting awkwardly. some even said that it helped with the stock setup.

i'd like to see that dyno chart, sounds like a load of crap. is that the HKS claims for their circle earth product?

dR

no, its actually XS Engineering's claim that they dyno'd it and actually saw gains. they said an RX-7 made 10 whp on the dyno with the grounding kit. and yes, they were surprised as well.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    my 0.01 worth

go to auto store buy 1 braided ground 6-8"strap usually $2-4 bucks

bolt from engine to negative terminal

done

If you're interested in this mod, you should check out this link http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...p?threadid=422
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Here is how I have mine done. I used 8 Guage to the ground points around the engine bay and 4 guage to the battery.

where's you get this cool little thingy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg  

I picked it up from a local audio shop. It is a power-ground splitter. It uses a screw to tighten down the wire into the splitter. They have all kinds of cool stuff. Check out their web site. http://www.stingerelectronics.com/

AaronC,

What's the lowdown with your sunroof? I've been debating whether or not cutting a hole in my perfectly good roof is a smart idea or not. What are the pro's and con's from your P.O.V.? Maybe I'll start a new thread with this one, if there's not one already
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

Might as well make a new topic on it. There will be people sitting in 2 different camps. Let me know where you will be starting it.

I guess I'll start it in Exterior/ Appearance.....probably as good as any place to start
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS