ATR Uppie
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ATR Uppie within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I finally got the ATR uppipe installed. I can definitly tell the difference from the stock Uppie. The car ...

ATR Uppie

Well I finally got the ATR uppipe installed. I can definitly tell the difference from the stock Uppie. The car seems to accelerate smoother now then before.

If you get your uppipe replaced take a look inside the pipe at the cat. Geez! 8O That thing is so restrective I am surprised that anything gets through there. It looks like someone rolled up a 20 foot long peice of sheet metal and stuffed it into the pipe. I literally could not see light through it.

Unfortunaly however I do have an occasional leak. It is not just under boost as a matter of fact I ran it under boost a bunch last night without it leaking once. It seems to only do it under certain occasions. It appears that it only does it when the engine rolls under hard low speed acceleration. So... I think I am going to get the STI motor mounts and see if i can keep the motor from rolling so much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: ATR Uppie

Apparently ATR is producing a all carbon thicker gasket to solve leaking problems. Might want to look into that.

Originally posted by AaronC
    Well I finally got the ATR uppipe installed. I can definitly tell the difference from the stock Uppie. The car seems to accelerate smoother now then before.

If you get your uppipe replaced take a look inside the pipe at the cat. Geez! 8O That thing is so restrective I am surprised that anything gets through there. It looks like someone rolled up a 20 foot long peice of sheet metal and stuffed it into the pipe. I literally could not see light through it.

Unfortunaly however I do have an occasional leak. It is not just under boost as a matter of fact I ran it under boost a bunch last night without it leaking once. It seems to only do it under certain occasions. It appears that it only does it when the engine rolls under hard low speed acceleration. So... I think I am going to get the STI motor mounts and see if i can keep the motor from rolling so much.

So will these thicker gaskets be included with the uppipe, or are they up for sale separately?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Good question, unfortunately I don't know that answer... though the impression I got it they would be the one offered with it in the future. Apparently Midas also has one that is really close that you can slot a little, both are 2mm thick.

Originally posted by WRXin'
    So will these thicker gaskets be included with the uppipe, or are they up for sale separately?

How does it leak only under hard acceleration? What kind of noise does it make? I have had mine on for about two weeks. No leaks so far(plz don't let there be any).
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

how do you guys feel about the quality of the ATR? i am looking around and it is by far the cheapest from what i have seen. any info would be appreciated. thanks.

I am very happy with the quality. The welds were clean, and it only has one bend as compared to the traditional two.

And they look to care about how to eliminate the leak problems, that's important.

Originally posted by BamBooI
    How does it leak only under hard acceleration? What kind of noise does it make? I have had mine on for about two weeks. No leaks so far(plz don't let there be any).
    More air under hard acceleration, therefore whereas air might pass over a small opening at lower air speed, it's more likely to be exposed at higher air speed because of more pressure.

You'll know if it's leaking, it sounds very nasty, like a nasty sounding game show buzzer or something. Or metal fan blades hitting on a metal surface.

anyone else with info/opinions on the ATR uppipe? where did you guys purchase it from?

Originally posted by tyroner
    anyone else with info/opinions on the ATR uppipe? where did you guys purchase it from?
    I like it. The quality is good. I think that hokieitr meant that it has 2 small bends in comparison with the 1 large bend that most uppipes have. I bought mine from www.quantum-racing.com, They seemed to have the best deal at $165

I am very happy with the quality. The welds were clean, and it only has one bend as compared to the traditional two.
    My atr uppipe has 2 small bends. Godspeed uppipes one big bend. I got mine for free from my friend, but then I sold it to someone on this board for a turboxs one. Then turboxs did not have any studs for me so I went to atr in person and got one. The atr uppipe come withs studs, lock washers and nuts.
    Last edited by BamBooI; 08-16-2002 at 10:26 AM.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

Ooooops... ya I meant two small. Small, like my brain :-)

I'm sure the ATR is just fine, but I - like seemingly most people on this forum - am going with the godspeed uppipe. I mean Dan seems like he's high on WRX and pumps fuel through his veins. With that kind of passion, I don't think anyone would be lead astray by getting a godspeed uppipe. I can't wait till I get back from New York so I can order mine and install it. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

A lot of people have had warped flanges and major leaks with the godspeed uppipe. Do a search on i-club and you shall see.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

Just got my machine back with its new Vishnu up pipe and under drive.

It's flawless, but Jeeez, this car is gettin' a little scary.

This is a good thing.

Regards:
    The Geekqualizer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.