CEL disappeared

This is a discussion on CEL disappeared within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed the MRT up-pipe and the turbo-back exhaust a couple of weeks ago and I finally got the dreaded ...

Question CEL disappeared

I installed the MRT up-pipe and the turbo-back exhaust a couple of weeks ago and I finally got the dreaded CEL on Sunday. It was very hot and I was testing my car down a curvy mountain road. I assumed it was the cat inefficiency code because beside the BOV and suspension, I don't have any other mods. The light went away this afternoon. I never got a chance to pull the code at Autozone. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I still invest $20 for a voltage clamp?
    Thanks,
    Ali

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: CEL disappeared

Originally posted by Prince Ali
    I installed the MRT up-pipe and the turbo-back exhaust a couple of weeks ago and I finally got the dreaded CEL on Sunday. It was very hot and I was testing my car down a curvy mountain road. I assumed it was the cat inefficiency code because beside the BOV and suspension, I don't have any other mods. The light went away this afternoon. I never got a chance to pull the code at Autozone. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I still invest $20 for a voltage clamp?
    You can probably still retrieve the code from the ECU; IIRC it retains a history (assuming you don't reset the ECU). You might want to pull it just for peace of mind, but you are probably correct in your diagnosis; sometimes the cat inefficiency codes can appear intermittently depending upon factors such as weather, etc.

-Pace