not a race story, but wtf!?

This is a discussion on not a race story, but wtf!? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; can somoone tell me how much HP will this thing make because that looks to me like a turbo WRX ...

Question not a race story, but wtf!?

can somoone tell me how much HP will this thing make because that looks to me like a turbo WRX flat-four PLUS an AMG/IHI supercharger.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ooops...here's the pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx.jpg  
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

will have to wait for someone else to chime in about this, but I have heard of a turbo+sc setup. this was on an integra, though. think it was from hks? could be wrong on that.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Mod,

Please move this to engine performance!

-Jim

been there done that, nothing new,
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ht=twin+charge

wrong forum
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

That is a AMG SC on a Sti. I have seen this pic before. forgot all what it had on it but it does have some sweet numbers to go along with the looks
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ha,no turbo lag on that baby.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I'm curious to see what kind of numbers it puts out myself... But I doubt that it will put out much more whp than a nicely sized turbo... It will put out GOGS mor torque EVERYWHERE though.... Just imagine... a torque band as flat as texas.... should be fun...

But one thing I am not sure of... Are they gonna have the supercharger cut out when the turbo wakes up? Or are they gonna be running at the same time?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Email forcedairtech.com. It is Roberts car he is almost done with it. AMG supercharger duh :P and a GT35 turbo, he says it will put him well into the 11's and he will soon be selling it for STi's.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

Looks like just big expensive gadget to me.

Pick one or the other, SC's and TC's are different entities, and bring them together spells two things: headache and disaster. Assuming this setup works well enough to even reach the 11's, there are better ways (not necessaily easier) to get down to 11 seconds. I should know, I've been there. Not in this car, but I've been there.
    '88 Jeep Wrangler , left my rear end in a
    rock quarry

'92 Talon TSI AWD, 402 whp

'02 WRX, begging for mods

Twincharged baby!

people have been doing that to the old toyota 4a-gze for a while now. the only real benefit is turbo power without the lag. full boost all the time, also more of a pain in the rear than a good single turbo setup.
    04 silver bone stock(for now)

I have seen a Ferrari F-40 with this setup but the turbo was a Twin turbo setup. If this is the same as the Ferrari then the supercharger spins up to about 3,000 rpm then a clutch lets go of the supercharger and the turbo's pull to redline... No lag. I would love to hear about the progress on this...
    Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....

Check out the nabisco Southwest boards Kastle works a lot with this guy and is basically his internet liason.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.