Finally got on the dyno...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally got on the dyno... within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got back from TurboTrix... 341whp, 302ft-lb @ 20psi on 93 octane pump gas Definitely could've gotten higher, but we ...

I Support ClubWRX

Finally got on the dyno...

Just got back from TurboTrix...

341whp, 302ft-lb @ 20psi on 93 octane pump gas

Definitely could've gotten higher, but we decided to cut the boost there. We were having heatsoak issues (it was 91 degrees out with 40% humidity!) and didn't think we could get consistent numbers beyond that right now... The turbo is aching for more boost and you can tell that it's still not in it's sweet spot. Also, I have a small boost leak somewhere that's making boost flutter a bit.

Graph will be posted sometime later tonite....
    Last edited by MidKnight; 05-18-2004 at 04:34 PM.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

uhhhhh...... HOLY CRAP!!!
    Traffic, Traffic, Lookin for my Chap Stik....

you really want us all to hate you dont u.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    you really want us all to hate you dont u.
    when he posts the chart. it'll be confirmed.

nice numbers, bastard.

dR

more power captain!
    2003 Sonic Yellow Wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh come on, don't hate me guys!

Just noticed that we printed out the wrong graph... The first torque peak is at ~4300rpm and the run was stopped at ~7200rpm. That should give a good idea of what's going on. Also, notice after that first peak that it dips down.... We were thinking that the initial hit from the turbo was blowing a seal apart somewhere. Notice that for that period of time the AFRs dipped. I'll have to find the leak as i'm pretty sure that it's leaking throughout, which is what's causing my boost fluttering issue...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xs450 dyno.jpg  
    Last edited by MidKnight; 05-18-2004 at 04:28 PM.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    DIZZAMN! is that on race gas? what turbo is that again? the XS 450?
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

I Support ClubWRX
    That's on 93 octane pump gas. And yes, that's an XS450 turbo.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    *low whistle*
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

Nice numbers! You are one of the few people that have an XSturbo and posted the results. I really came close to getting the XS500, but I opted for the FPGreen...now you got me wondering if I should have went for the XS500....
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

you f'er
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

neato

Originally posted by All8up
    Nice numbers! You are one of the few people that have an XSturbo and posted the results. I really came close to getting the XS500, but I opted for the FPGreen...now you got me wondering if I should have went for the XS500....
    Stay with the Green. It's cheaper, external wastegate, and makes the same if not more power. The Mitsu turbo's will have more lag than an XS unit, but they drop the hammer like a mofo when they hit.

Nice numbers Steve! That thing would have been around 360-365 with some more boost and less heat. What's with the torque? Did Junior keep it low to save the trans? I thought it'd make more than that? Oh wait, are you still on a top mount? If so then that explains it. Personally, I'll be chucking the Green this summer in favor of a GT35R with my axis motor. No more f'in around...axis stage 4, JUN 272 cams, ported heads, stage 2 valvetrain, and the mother of all turbo's, all mated nicely with an AEM and a kaaz gearbox. I have serious commitment issues when it comes to turbo/engine setups...

P.S. Steve, I'll let you know when I go to TTR for the gears, if you want a ride to check them out...
    Last edited by BassMan097; 05-18-2004 at 08:32 PM.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

I Support ClubWRX
    As far as the green vs. an xs500, it's really a crapshoot between the 2. The xs500 will most likely make more power, but will be slightly laggier than the green. There's always a compromise...

Dave, we stayed conservative with everything, including torque. I'm on the aps dr500 now so that wasn't the issue. We actually overlayed your graph on mine just for comparison... Interesting look...
    I definitely want to check out your setup when you start getting stuff together. Considering I live 3 minutes from TTR, i should be able to get up there anytime you pop in! Def. keep me updated!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

Originally posted by MidKnight
    As far as the green vs. an xs500, it's really a crapshoot between the 2. The xs500 will most likely make more power, but will be slightly laggier than the green. There's always a compromise...

Dave, we stayed conservative with everything, including torque. I'm on the aps dr500 now so that wasn't the issue. We actually overlayed your graph on mine just for comparison... Interesting look...
    I definitely want to check out your setup when you start getting stuff together. Considering I live 3 minutes from TTR, i should be able to get up there anytime you pop in! Def. keep me updated!
    Will do man...The gears and AEM will be 1st or 2nd week in June, and the motor/GT35R will be later on in the summer...
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast