Adjusting the wastegate arm - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on Adjusting the wastegate arm within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lundholm08 Would it be recommended to try this adjustment on say, a Stage 2 map if you're ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Would it be recommended to try this adjustment on say, a Stage 2 map if you're not hitting target boost rather than switching to the HWG map first? I imagine if you fix the boost issue with the wg arm adjustment, you would be better off with that than switching to the HWG map, no? Then again, I am at 8000ft elevation...lol
    See how old my post was?

Try the HWG map first to see what a difference it makes. If you really want more boost install a 3 port boost control solenoid along with a Protune. I just did this two weeks ago and am getting 19 psi.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    See how old my post was?

Try the HWG map first to see what a difference it makes. If you really want more boost install a 3 port boost control solenoid along with a Protune. I just did this two weeks ago and am getting 19 psi.
    Haha yes, I saw how old the post was, sorry. I sometimes find good threads and although they're old, I try to post there before starting my own. I should be dubbed the dead thread resurrector!

I'm going to try the HWG map first. I had it on Stage 1 with no problems. We'll see with Stage 2.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Haha yes, I saw how old the post was, sorry. I sometimes find good threads and although they're old, I try to post there before starting my own. I should be dubbed the dead thread resurrector!

I'm going to try the HWG map first. I had it on Stage 1 with no problems. We'll see with Stage 2.
    No need to be sorry, it is a good thread.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hey, can someone plz give actual istrucions on how to 'turn' the wastegate arm? Because the arm is bent do you have to disconnect the arm from the C-clip before you turn it a full revolution and then reattach it?

Quote Originally Posted by mourning_air View Post
    here is an image for reference

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    This post is 2 years old lol
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678