Adjusting the wastegate arm - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on Adjusting the wastegate arm within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lundholm08 Would it be recommended to try this adjustment on say, a Stage 2 map if you're ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Would it be recommended to try this adjustment on say, a Stage 2 map if you're not hitting target boost rather than switching to the HWG map first? I imagine if you fix the boost issue with the wg arm adjustment, you would be better off with that than switching to the HWG map, no? Then again, I am at 8000ft elevation...lol
    See how old my post was?

Try the HWG map first to see what a difference it makes. If you really want more boost install a 3 port boost control solenoid along with a Protune. I just did this two weeks ago and am getting 19 psi.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    See how old my post was?

Try the HWG map first to see what a difference it makes. If you really want more boost install a 3 port boost control solenoid along with a Protune. I just did this two weeks ago and am getting 19 psi.
    Haha yes, I saw how old the post was, sorry. I sometimes find good threads and although they're old, I try to post there before starting my own. I should be dubbed the dead thread resurrector!

I'm going to try the HWG map first. I had it on Stage 1 with no problems. We'll see with Stage 2.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Haha yes, I saw how old the post was, sorry. I sometimes find good threads and although they're old, I try to post there before starting my own. I should be dubbed the dead thread resurrector!

I'm going to try the HWG map first. I had it on Stage 1 with no problems. We'll see with Stage 2.
    No need to be sorry, it is a good thread.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hey, can someone plz give actual istrucions on how to 'turn' the wastegate arm? Because the arm is bent do you have to disconnect the arm from the C-clip before you turn it a full revolution and then reattach it?

Quote Originally Posted by mourning_air View Post
    here is an image for reference

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    This post is 2 years old lol
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.