Crucial Racing System 1.4 Bar Radiator Cap
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Crucial Racing System 1.4 Bar Radiator Cap within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Crucial Racing Systems is proud to announce the newest addition to its product line. Running a Crucial Racing Systems higher ...

Crucial Racing System 1.4 Bar Radiator Cap

Crucial Racing Systems is proud to announce the newest addition to its product line.

Running a Crucial Racing Systems higher pressure radiator cap on your cooling system helps keep the temperature down on the entire system. Raising the boiling point of the coolant is important during hot operating conditions like when running the air conditioning, while climbing hills, long road trips, bumper to bumper traffic, and high performance track or strip driving. It's especially helpful if you live in a warm climate.

Also, EJ20 powered vehicles tend to experience water pump cavitation at around 6700 rpm at stock pressure. The higher-pressure rating will help reduce the risk of cavitation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post-44-1083523500.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've heard some people have trouble with leaks on the stock radiator with upgraded high pressure caps. Oh well, i guess i'll have to get one and find out for myself. i already have the crucial t stat.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Is it safe to use with the stock radiator?
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

It's absolutely safe with the stock system. It's been in testing for nine months on several stock cars.

So this is better than the Blitz and Greddy cap? How much is it?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I'll take one!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

where on the site is it?

The STi cap is supposedly 1.3 bar and some people have reported their radiator endtanks splitting. So, I'd be worried about the stock plastic endtanks holding this pressure, especially on cars that have been tracked or see frequent high temps. The stock radiator may not be strong enough to take the higher pressure if it's been used for a while.

We put it on two different MY02s with stock radiators and completely stock coolant systems nine months ago and it's still not a problem.

There are better things to worry about.

BTW, they are available at Oakos.
    Last edited by MisterX; 05-03-2004 at 12:15 PM.

as far as i have seen, the endtank problem is not a splitting but a separation of the endtank manifold from the core itself. you can see that it's just held in place by the crimping of the core "tabs."

jm2c
    ken

i already have the tstat. i just ordered the cap. if the end tank separates it will be a good excuse to buy a better radiator

Originally posted by ride5000
    as far as i have seen, the endtank problem is not a splitting but a separation of the endtank manifold from the core itself. you can see that it's just held in place by the crimping of the core "tabs."

jm2c
    ken
    This was a batch of bad radiators. I had mine replaced under warranty.

Keep up the good work, Russ!

-Jim

Thanks, Jim.

We really are extensively testing everything we bring to market. A few months ago, I had to send back 50 uppipes because of poor quality. Now, we have a new supplier and uppipe quality is great.

It takes a much longer time and a lot more money than I had anticipated to develop a product for this market. But Crucial Racing is in it for the long haul and you'll be seeing more stuff from us soon.

Originally posted by MisterX
    Thanks, Jim.

It takes a much longer time and a lot more money than I had anticipated to develop a product for this market. But Crucial Racing is in it for the long haul and you'll be seeing more stuff from us soon.
    I know from being involved with AutoSpeed Performance the amount of work and time involved in product development.

I'm shooting for 11s with my stock long block EJ20. I'll be running a Crucial Racing thermostat and radiator cap when I get there.

-Jim

Why is this not in the vendor forum?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast