WRX Cruise Control Recall!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Cruise Control Recall! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Recall?...

Recall?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not a Vivid member

Subaru recalls cars in U.S. due to cruise control

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040316/autos_recall_1.html

I made an appt with my dealership already I guess it's just a few clips they need to install to correct the problem.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Sudden acceleration could win me some serious stop light wars, especially if I (or the car itself) guns it while the light is still red.

Can you imagine the "I whupped a 911 today" posts

"...he looked over, and I knew it was on. So the car took off by itself as the cruise control melted into itself. I had 20 car lengths and a missing rear half of the car before the light even turned green"

Anyway, thanks for the info. I just made my appointment.

Talking

Originally posted by dsel
    Sudden acceleration could win me some serious stop light wars, especially if I (or the car itself) guns it while the light is still red.

Can you imagine the "I whupped a 911 today" posts

"...he looked over, and I knew it was on. So the car took off by itself as the cruise control melted into itself. I had 20 car lengths and a missing rear half of the car before the light even turned green"

Anyway, thanks for the info. I just made my appointment.

Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

so does this mean we're all gonna have voided warrenties now? over a problem that was associated with the car in its stock form? im not gona lose my warrenty over cruise control this is ridiculous! atleast the srt-4 owners dont have to worry about this problem. this problem dissapoints me very much.

Dudeguy, it's a recall. No big deal. They fix it for free and it's over.

What's more interesting to me is that the world's second largest newsgathering organization doesn't have enough factcheckers to spell IMPREZA...

"It identified vehicles affected by the recall as certain Subaru Outback H-6 and Imprenza WRX turbo vehicles from the 2001-2004 model years."
    Last edited by dsel; 03-17-2004 at 01:34 PM.

i was wondering about this. i bought my WRX last thursday, but couldn't pick it up until monday. the dealer told me it was due to recall, but i didn't see anything about it on the forum until now.

and i just thought that dealer was messing with me and still didn't find me my wagon..

Originally posted by 03WRX_Fl
    so does this mean we're all gonna have voided warrenties now? over a problem that was associated with the car in its stock form? im not gona lose my warrenty over cruise control this is ridiculous! atleast the srt-4 owners dont have to worry about this problem. this problem dissapoints me very much.
    New cars are going to have problems.

Took my car in for an oil and lube and brakes today and when I looked on the dealer invoice I noticed they put a clip on the cruise control module that prevents the malfunctioning without me even asking about it. Took 5 minutes. They didnt care that I had a TBE or anything, so theyre not going to just void your warranty.

Brandon
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by BrandonWRX
    Took my car in for an oil and lube and brakes today and when I looked on the dealer invoice I noticed they put a clip on the cruise control module that prevents the malfunctioning without me even asking about it. Took 5 minutes. They didnt care that I had a TBE or anything, so theyre not going to just void your warranty.
    Brandon
    Good.

For diehard (excuse the pun) DIYers, see if you can get SOA635073 and anything else (I doubt there's anything else) to perform the work for recall WWQ-01. Maybe the online places will have the clip.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

who uses cruise control??? who cares...i'm not going to take it in..than they see my downpipe and mbc and say bye bye warranty.....than i put a stick up the service mangers ass
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 03-19-2004 at 02:28 AM.

does this affect STis too?
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

I Support ClubWRX
    RE: STi models

I searched NHTSA out of curiosity and came up with nothing. However, the Reuters report does state "Imprenza [sic] WRX turbo vehicles from the 2001-2004 model years" and since the STi is a WRX, the implication is that yes, it'd affect those cars too - if it's an Impreza WRX and has cruise, I'd look into it IMO.

Anyway, don't listen to any guesses, call the dealer up. Mine said mailers are going out too; maybe you'll get one.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

the question is....

has anyone actually experienced this (members of the forum only)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.