$250 for boost gauge installation!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 0 for boost gauge installation!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am a complete moron when it comes to electricity, so I decided to take my mechanical boost gauge to ...

Red face $250 for boost gauge installation!!

I am a complete moron when it comes to electricity, so I decided to take my mechanical boost gauge to a shop. They said it would take 3 1/2 hours labor for a total of $250.00!!! I have a hard time believing this. What do you guys think? I'm waiting on an air/fuel ratio gauge plus a dual steering column mount, and I can't even imagine how much it would cost to install together. Does anyone know any place cheaper in the San Jose area? Or when I get these other parts would anyone be willing to install this for me for a reasonable price??? Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

3 1/2 hours to install a boost guage? thats rediculous... if itll take em that long they are idiots. a boost guage should not take longer than an uppipe. I'd find another shop, or see if a local friend can just help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    3 1/2 hours to install a boost guage? thats rediculous... if itll take em that long they are idiots. a boost guage should not take longer than an uppipe. I'd find another shop, or see if a local friend can just help you out.
    I agree that sounds like a serious ripoff. There has to be someone else who can help with your project.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

Dont know where your from but go down to the forums that are Northwest, Southwest etc etc and put out a request. Someone in your area will help.

Dealership wanted 500 for the boost guage and installation. I ordered my ghetto jcwhitney and did it my self. Total cost of the whole project.....$46.83

I had a tuner shop do my boost gauge. Took them 1 hour and cost me $50
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Sounds like your mechanic is looking to buy a LOT of Easter Eggs.

Find someone else, this guy in jerking you around. Better yet, make a friend... if you were a bit closer, I could even give you a hand (assuming you didn't turn out to be like WRX89 ) But San Jose is an hour or more away depending on where you're at.. check the Southwest forum under Bay Area and you might get lucky.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm a slowpoke in the garage, and my boost gauge install took about an hour, maybe 1-1/2 hours to make it look fairly neat.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

yeah you can do it yourslef in like 20 minutes. Tell me what brand/ where you want it mounted and later i will write up a tutorial if you want.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

It could take a while, but you might wanna do it yourself(like boosted said). At least that way if your car gets screwed up you didn't pay someone to do it. I took my intercooler off when installing the boost gauge to cut the bov tube out of site. That's 20 minutes in itself. You could also get a pretty nice soldering iron, solder, a buttload of shrink wrap, some other tools, and more expensive boost gauge for less then $250(not that you need another boost gauge ). Instructions are free........

peace

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    Sounds like your mechanic is looking to buy a LOT of Easter Eggs.
    Yeah.......that or maybe CRACK
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

there is tons of info and people here that can help. Please install it yourself, i am sick of hearing of people getting reamed by mechanics.

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    I had a tuner shop do my boost gauge. Took them 1 hour and cost me $50
    What tuner store installed it for you?

wow.. do it yourself, read the insturtions. On a wrx, it's not that hard. what brand boost are you getting?
    468 wdp (wheel donkey power)

He said he is a moron when it comes to electricity stuff I wouldn't recommend him doing it himself

Re: $250 for boost gauge installation!!

Originally posted by lgeo120
    Does anyone know any place cheaper in the San Jose area?

You can try MPJ Performance, Bozz Performance, or Gruppe-S. They are all located in Fremont.

Or you can try I-Speed, who are located in SJ.

For quotes, just give em a call, or head to MPJ or I-Speed's message boards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast