Exhaust Video/Sound Clips - Page 8
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 548

This is a discussion on Exhaust Video/Sound Clips within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by killthelights14 MY Stock Dual tip on a 2002 wrx wrx stock exhasut.mpg wow ur stock muffler sounds ...

  1. #106
    Registered User o2sys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by killthelights14
    MY Stock Dual tip on a 2002 wrx

    wrx stock exhasut.mpg
    wow ur stock muffler sounds pretty loud and i hear the whistle (chriping) did u modify ur stock muffler ? all the cats in there?
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #107
    Registered User boostin_ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    254
    i was lookin at the exhuast, do u have to remove catalytic converter in order to install a catback?

  4. #108
    Registered User TurnWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,828
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin_ass
    i was lookin at the exhuast, do u have to remove catalytic converter in order to install a catback?
    no

  5. #109
    Registered User boostin_ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    254
    whats that thing in the middle of the car, just a resonator?

  6. #110
    Registered User boostin_ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    254
    thats what i want quiet in the car but loud outside, what u guys recomment
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreanBeefcake
    i welded in a glasspack to my catless straight pipe a few days ago, im actually amazed at how nice it sounds. i have a video but it needs to be edited a little bit. its nearly as quite as stock inside, but louder than hell outside and i did it for less than $100.

  7. #111
    Registered User KoreanBeefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    spanaway, WA
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin_ass
    whats that thing in the middle of the car, just a resonator?
    yep, small resonator.

  8. #112
    Registered User boostin_ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    254
    i heard these cars had 3 cats, i only found 2, will u not pass smog if u only run the main one?

  9. #113
    Registered User TurnWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,828
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin_ass
    i heard these cars had 3 cats, i only found 2, will u not pass smog if u only run the main one?

    there's a cat in the uppipe.

  10. #114
    Registered User KoreanBeefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    spanaway, WA
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin_ass
    i heard these cars had 3 cats, i only found 2, will u not pass smog if u only run the main one?

    i know alot of people have passed on 1 cat. helix for example says their catted downpipe will pass CA emissions.

  11. #115
    Registered User boostin_ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    254
    what can i do to get the most power outa my exhaustt system?

  12. #116
    Registered User TurnWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,828
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin_ass
    what can i do to get the most power outa my exhaustt system?

    up/dp/catback combined with engine management

  13. #117
    Registered User boostin_ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    254
    man i sound like a noob , what exactly is the up and down pipe up pipe connect to the turbo and down pipe connect to the last cat?

  14. #118
    Registered User TurnWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,828
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin_ass
    man i sound like a noob , what exactly is the up and down pipe up pipe connect to the turbo and down pipe connect to the last cat?

    should answer all of your questions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx diagram.gif  

  15. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    HKS Hi Power 3
    http://www.hksusa.com/content/misc1759.wmv (revving, WOT outside)
    First up, great thread! So very helpful

    On this clip, does anyone know what BOV that is? (If that's what it is?)

    I like the sound of it, not too loud and subtle enough for my taste.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  16. #120
    Registered User kevinh211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Corouge
    First up, great thread! So very helpful

    On this clip, does anyone know what BOV that is? (If that's what it is?)

    I like the sound of it, not too loud and subtle enough for my taste.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    sounds like the HKS SSQ
    04 STi Blue
    2005 - 279WHP 306WTQ 13.1@105
    2006 - FPGreen
    LISC# 17 LongIslandSubaruClub.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •