Exhaust Video/Sound Clips - Page 33
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

This is a discussion on Exhaust Video/Sound Clips within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For the folks that have a Cobb CBE, is there drone when cruising or at freeway speeds? I think I ...

For the folks that have a Cobb CBE, is there drone when cruising or at freeway speeds? I think I like the sound of the Cobb the best, but am worried about droning. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by starchy1 View Post
    For the folks that have a Cobb CBE, is there drone when cruising or at freeway speeds? I think I like the sound of the Cobb the best, but am worried about droning. Thanks.
    nope. Im catless too.

hey i just got an 08 wrx hatch. Ive been doin some digging on CBE's and i just dont know which one to get... i missed the SPT sale and i woulda gone for that but now its too late. I would make a decision but i cant find a sound clip of a Cobb CBE so if anyone has one or wants to give there 2 cents on what to get please post up

Quote Originally Posted by tomass942 View Post
    hey i just got an 08 wrx hatch. Ive been doin some digging on CBE's and i just dont know which one to get... i missed the SPT sale and i woulda gone for that but now its too late. I would make a decision but i cant find a sound clip of a Cobb CBE so if anyone has one or wants to give there 2 cents on what to get please post up
    I've heard a Cobb TBE in person and they sound really good, loud when you want it to be, but won't piss off you neighbors pulling in late at night.

I would go with a full TBE, and get a Cobb AP, you'll make more power and your WRX will run better.

Other great brands are Turbo XS, Invidia, and Blitz. These tend to be on the louder side and can make big power. Borla, Meagan, HKS, and Prodrive, are also good brands and are not as loud. I've heard all of these in person.

My preference is the TXS TBE with the RFL Ti. It's very loud, but I like it when I step on the gas and people think the world is coming to an end

ya the txs is pretty bangin...

ive heard the invidia in person but its just too hollow of a sound for me. Im really leaning toward the cobb tbe right now

Turbo Back Exhaust

Hows it going people i jusgt bought an 04 wrx and have put an injen cold air intake and a HKS SSQV BOV. I was looking to put a turbo back exhaust and i really like Turbo XS with the TI muffler. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the exhaust. Good And Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingarex View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the exhaust. Good And Bad.
    If u buy it and decide u don't like it or the sound, u can't interchange the catback with a different brand because of the flange design (other than stock I think). I'm not entirely sure on that but TXS wants u to either use their product completely or not at all. They have this "stealthback" version which uses the stock muffler but other than that, I don't think u can interchange with other catback exhaust brands once u have their downpipe on your car.

Plus, the CAI and Bov aren't helpful for your car, just to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    If u buy it and decide u don't like it or the sound, u can't interchange the catback with a different brand because of the flange design (other than stock I think). I'm not entirely sure on that but TXS wants u to either use their product completely or not at all. They have this "stealthback" version which uses the stock muffler but other than that, I don't think u can interchange with other catback exhaust brands once u have their downpipe on your car.

TXS makes a catback adapter pipe, that is the same as their race pipe, but is designed to fit other companies CBE, so you can uses the TXS DP with other exhausts.

Things I love about my TXS RFL Ti TBE:

1. Sound
    Even with aftermarket gruppe s unequal lengh headers, my exhaust still sounds like a boxer, deep, a little more raspier, but I love the sound. Other exhausts I've heard, like HKS, if you use unequal lengh headers, even though the headers are supposed to retain the boxer rumble, the exhaust doesn't have enough deep base to sound that way.

2. Look
    Looks great on any model WRX or STi

3. Quality
    Comes with a five year warranty, after 2 years mine still looks new. They are very durable.

4. Security
    My ex used to say, I know when it's you knocking at the door b/c I heard your car from a mile away. Same thing with my Mom.

5. Setting off car alarms
    In college when I drove to campus sometimes, I would always park in a garage and laugh as I set off many a car alarms. I used to love to roll up to some yuppie professor's 7 series BMW and gun my engine!

Things I don't like:

1. It's a cop magnet

2. Will melt your bumper, unless you use an exhaust shield, or bigger exhaust hangers, so it hangs lower, then you have to worry about scraping it on some things; sharp inclines, big speed bumps etc.

3. Can't tell little fibs to your GF

" Oh hey honey, I'm only a few minutes away", "BS, I can't hear your car yet"!

The pros very much outweigh the cons

Thanks for the input i really appreciate it. But why do you say that the CAI and the BOV aren't helpful to my rex

StealthBack Exhaust

Here's another video:

Setup:

Helix catted 3 inch downpipe Bellmouth
    Maddad 3inch to 2.5 flange mount midpipe
    Scoobysport the original axle back.

Video 1:
    YouTube - Testing my WRX
    This video represents a helix catted downpipe with the stock sti catback from an 07 sti.

Video 2:
    YouTube - Stealth Exhaust WRX
    This represents the current and is the stealthback setup.

Overall both setups are very very quiet. The first setup is the quietest out of the two. But both DO NOT have any droning or popping noises.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingarex View Post

Thanks for the input i really appreciate it. But why do you say that the CAI and the BOV aren't helpful to my rex
    For one the cold air intake you have is running lean for sure. Your not tuned for it yet and the BOV is just making your car run rich. There have only been 3 intakes so far that have been proven to run "good" with the stock tune. Those are the SPT, APS 65MM and last but not least Cobb Short Ram. The other intakes require additional tuning. The BOV is just a noise maker and running rich, eventually it will cause your car problems. If you did datalogging you will see the results are quite clear. In any case try to do searches and you will understand more. Other than that good luck with your mods and goals for your wrx.

Have a friend trying to swap my stock exhaust for his HKS Gutted Downpipe n Apexi N1 Cat-Back exhaust. Think that would sound ok. I swear if I sound like a Civic I'll shoot myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AyOh View Post
    Have a friend trying to swap my stock exhaust for his HKS Gutted Downpipe n Apexi N1 Cat-Back exhaust. Think that would sound ok. I swear if I sound like a Civic I'll shoot myself.
    HKS gutted dp? they come with out cats so how would it be gutted? and it wont sound like a civic not even close.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

I meant "gutted" as in Catless. My bad. I knew that. Lol, was in a hurry.

Vid of my Invidia N1 TBE with the catted Invidia downpipe and a catless TXS uppipe

Invidia N1 TBE
    05 4eat WRX Sedan
    Invidia N1 TBE, TurboXS Uppipe, Deadbolt 16G, TurboXS TMIC, DeatschWerks 650cc Injectors, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, GP Intake Elbow, B&M Tran Cooler, Perrin Crank Pulley, Turbosmart Tee Boost Controller, Auto Meter Boost Gauge, Auto Meter Cluster Bezel Pod.
    Mildly Tuned to 235hp & 220tq
    by Precision Tuning