Exhaust Video/Sound Clips - Page 24
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Exhaust Video/Sound Clips within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am ready to purchase a TurboXS RFL- Ti full exhaust package, but have a few questions before I buy ...

Questions about the Turbo XS RFL-Ti

I am ready to purchase a TurboXS RFL- Ti full exhaust package, but have a few questions before I buy it and put it on.

What's going to give me more power and sound better, the package with the cat, or the racepipe, and why is the racepipe package the cheaper of the two?

Will I need to do any re-tuning after I put the new exhaust package on?

I currently have a vf22, will that flow well with the RFL-Ti? I plan to put a 20g on come spring, any recommendations of what go together?

Will I need exhaust hangers to prevent any excess rattling or swaying?

Will I need an exhaust finisher b/c of the thick RFL-Ti cansiter, which might melt part of my bumper?

Sorry to bomb you guys all at once, but I really want to get this exhaust package on my rex ASAP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeavenWRX View Post
    I am ready to purchase a TurboXS RFL- Ti full exhaust package, but have a few questions before I buy it and put it on.

What's going to give me more power and sound better, the package with the cat, or the racepipe, and why is the racepipe package the cheaper of the two?

Will I need to do any re-tuning after I put the new exhaust package on?

I currently have a vf22, will that flow well with the RFL-Ti? I plan to put a 20g on come spring, any recommendations of what go together?

Will I need exhaust hangers to prevent any excess rattling or swaying?

Will I need an exhaust finisher b/c of the thick RFL-Ti cansiter, which might melt part of my bumper?

Sorry to bomb you guys all at once, but I really want to get this exhaust package on my rex ASAP
    1. racepipe will give you better sound and give you more power.

2. It is cheaper because cats cost money, as opposed to strait pipe.
    3. yes get hangers.

crawford anyone?

anybody heard of xcceleration? they have an exhaust with an electric cutout, and boy howdy i think it sound soooo sexy.
    link to their page
    http://www.xcceleration.com/itemdetails.cfm83.htm

link straight to the clip. the first rev is without the cutout, the 2nd is with it flipped open.
    http://www.xcceleration.com/images/X...t/IMGP0061.WAV

Found a good one of a megan set up

Megan Racing Cat Back Exhaust

http://www.vidiLife.com/video_play_5...an_Exhaust.htm
    2002 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX - PLATINUM SILVER METALLIC
    NICKNAME - DAPHNE

This is my contribution:

2006 WRX
    SPT Catback Exhaust
    Cobb Downpipe w/Cat
    SPT Intake
    etc...

Please note it was windy and that is some of the background noise you hear- in Chicago...imagine that.

Nice deep sounding exhaust with the right amount of rasp on WOT. My cheap mike in my camera does not do this combo justice (it is as deep as my old V8 Audi S4 with a full Milltek exhaust).

Thanks- Audio file below:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2006wrx_...pwcat-mp3.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gitteeup View Post
    This is my contribution:

2006 WRX
    SPT Catback Exhaust
    Cobb Downpipe w/Cat
    SPT Intake
    etc...

Please note it was windy and that is some of the background noise you hear- in Chicago...imagine that.

Nice deep sounding exhaust with the right amount of rasp on WOT. My cheap mike in my camera does not do this combo justice (it is as deep as my old V8 Audi S4 with a full Milltek exhaust).

Thanks- Audio file below:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2006wrx_...pwcat-mp3.html

please tell the story why u got rid of said S4 and now have the wrx?

Yes...I bought the 2004 S4 new and it only had a few months worth warranty left when I sold last December-Audi S4s are not cars to own out of warranty (transmission is $15k, engine is $25k, oil change is over $200.00 and etc...). Bought a WRX for my daily driver and will buy a more purpose built fun car later while keeping my WRX (exige s and etc...). Meanwhile, I am sure that my WRX with the V39/STI TMIC and Coilovers will hand my old stage 2 S4 its a$$ in the twisties or straight line. I do miss those Recaros and interior...hear was a picture of it:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1...turewebdx5.jpg
    Last edited by Gitteeup; 01-27-2007 at 09:16 PM.

Turboxs Ti Exhuast

Tell me what you guys this of this... I just installed a full turboback Turboxs Ti exhaust system and here is a link to a sound clip of it...

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_i...Gq6KA-FbSICV4j

DAMN turbo rex that sounds beast..... looks like an professional install as well.. i give you 2

what would you guys suggjest 3" exhaust with downpipe and no cat
    or 2.5" with downpipe and no cat.. plus i dont like the BOV that make the squeeky sound whats the other kind called that has more of a PSSSSSHH sound

Banned
    I would suggest that you search.

Well in all honesty its your opinion. My DP starts at 4" and goes down to 3" and has no cat. Just gotta be careful b/c after I installed it I smelled something in the cockpit and saw smoke. Since the DP is such a monster it was touching the A/C drain hose and started to melt it. Also, if you do not want the big wooooosh sound go for a recirculating BOV. That means the air goes right back into the intake, unlike an atmospheric BOV where it blows all the air back out into the atmosphere which will make the wooosh sound.

or put the stock bov valve back on, take out the intake silencer, here youve got the whooosh sound. and ur not possibly making the car run funny

Quote Originally Posted by MDturborex05 View Post
    Well in all honesty its your opinion. My DP starts at 4" and goes down to 3" and has no cat. Just gotta be careful b/c after I installed it I smelled something in the cockpit and saw smoke. Since the DP is such a monster it was touching the A/C drain hose and started to melt it. Also, if you do not want the big wooooosh sound go for a recirculating BOV. That means the air goes right back into the intake, unlike an atmospheric BOV where it blows all the air back out into the atmosphere which will make the wooosh sound.

it actually touches the clip that holds the a/c drain tube not the tube its self.. u can just move the a/c to the right a little and remove the clip and it doesnt touch anymore....here is a pic of the downpipe its self