knock?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on knock? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just installed my Vf34,fuel pump,injectors. and im getting some knock! im running the base stage 4 map on my ...

knock?

i just installed my Vf34,fuel pump,injectors. and im getting some knock! im running the base stage 4 map on my uteck and was getting about 18psi so i closed the abc and now im getting about 15.5psi but i still get knock. im about 5000 feet up and only get 91 octane gas, so what can i do to get ride of the knock,maybe octane boost or colder plugs? i cant do any tuning on the map because my laptop took a crap on me and i don't have money for a new 1.
    also i will be installing a FMIC as soon as the where gets nice here!
    any help would be nice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A tune .

SMC

knock

Two words......Alcohol Injection. Plenty of GN's running 20+psi on pump gas, no problem. It just hasn't been pushed in this market....YET.

Just turn the boost down before. Then get a tune.

I third the tune. If you can change the maps though, a good place to start would be retarding the whole timing map 3 degrees(since you're on 91 octane).

peace

SMC

timing

I shouldnt have even said anything.......soon enough you will understand.

Re: timing

Originally posted by SMC
    I shouldnt have even said anything.......soon enough you will understand.
    I haven't seen much for good results with alcohol injection, but one thing is for sure -- if he doesn't have enough money fo ra computer, he can't afford alcohol injection. My dad put water injection in his truck for under $100 and now runs 91 octane pump gas instead of 5 gallons of 104 octane race gas + 93 for the rest per tank.

I've looked and looked and I haven't found any concrete evidence. I'd like to do water injection myself, but I don't have the means to tune it or plan to spend the money on a UTEC and whatnot. In a big block Chevy like my dad's you don't need to do much tuning, but that's not the case in a WRX.

i will get a tune soon but i have to wait until the weather is good. so what can i do in the mean time to get rid of this knock. i took my computer in to a shop to get it fixed after my first post and it will be done in about a week after that i can do some tuning, so what would i need to do to have it run right no 91octane? just retarding the whole timing map 3 degrees? thanks for all the help!
    ryan

SMC

water....no thanks!

Screw water injection.......
    Has maybe 1/6 the potential of the alcohol.
    Whatever you can do tune & boost wise on 104 octane you can do with pump gas & alky. Don't worry...an upcoming "Sport Compact Car" issue will show you the way.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.