PE1820 + TurboTrix = Happy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on PE1820 + TurboTrix = Happy within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You can see my dyno graph below... I'm very happy with the power I was able to get out of ...

I Support ClubWRX

Talking PE1820 + TurboTrix = Happy

You can see my dyno graph below... I'm very happy with the power I was able to get out of this turbo: 310hp, 296ft-lb.

The chart below shows what Junior was able to get on the dyno, and what Nino was able to road tune me at. He road tuned it with only the readings in the UTEC and my EGT gauge. I think the fact that it follows almost the same exact curve as the dyno map shows that with the right tools Nino would be able to tune a pretty nice map. Anyway.... I'm gonna go for a drive!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pe1820 dyno graph.jpg  
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: PE1820 + TurboTrix = Happy

Originally posted by MidKnight
    You can see my dyno graph below... I'm very happy with the power I was able to get out of this turbo: 310hp, 296ft-lb.

The chart below shows what Junior was able to get on the dyno, and what Nino was able to road tune me at. He road tuned it with only the readings in the UTEC and my EGT gauge. I think the fact that it follows almost the same exact curve as the dyno map shows that with the right tools Nino would be able to tune a pretty nice map. Anyway.... I'm gonna go for a drive!
    Hotness.

Hows it feel?
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

you bastard. i hate you. just kidding, i expect a ride this weekend!
    2003 Sonic Yellow Wrx

Nice numbers...
    what psi and octane gas are u using?

Originally posted by onesillyracer
    you bastard. i hate you. Not kidding!
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by crzycujo
    Nice numbers...
    yes tell us please.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by crzycujo
    Nice numbers...
    93 Octane (I'm gonna be using 94 regularly but wanted to tune lower to give myself a margin incase it's not available) and 18.5-19psi. I just had a few nice little runs on my way to my friends house. Smoked an EVO and a C5
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Thumbs up

Originally posted by MidKnight
    93 Octane (I'm gonna be using 94 regularly but wanted to tune lower to give myself a margin incase it's not available) and 18.5-19psi. I just had a few nice little runs on my way to my friends house. Smoked an EVO and a C5
    WOW. Pump gas. Very nice indeed.

sorry for this question, but whats TurboTrix? never heard of it
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

Place in NJ
    They have a bunch of DSMs which is their main deal I think?
    My buddy had his 1g eclipse fixed up there.. it's running o.k.. great for a DSM i guess. No beef with DSM, they just break alot~
    Scott

oh ok
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

Originally posted by AtlanticTurbo
    Place in NJ
    They have a bunch of DSMs which is their main deal I think?
    My buddy had his 1g eclipse fixed up there.. it's running o.k.. great for a DSM i guess. No beef with DSM, they just break alot~
    Scott

Nice, around what time does the turbo start pulling? It appears to do it around 3700-4000. When do you notice it hitting. For compariosn any one with a 1818 have a dyno sheet or can tell when there boost hits?
    Last edited by phreze; 02-12-2004 at 09:14 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    It really hits somewhere between 3500 and 4000. It's hard to tell as once it gets going, the tach needle swings like mad! I'm gonna do some utec logging this weekend so I can get a better idea.

Some other notes: First gear is almost useless. I have to relearn how to use it as I've bounced off the rev limiter twice already.I also downshifted to second at about 50 and broke the wheels loose!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

nice! your setup sounds sick. grats on the #'s.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

:remembers the ride he went for in a 1820 on maxed sti injectors:

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

1) TurboTrix has an excellent reputation with the DSM community (Having owned a 1G Talon I can attest to this) so Im glad to see theyre kicking ass just as well with the subies.

2) So just so everyone knows, Steve IM's me with the link to this thread with basically these two faces:

I showed up at Precision during the 1820 install, which I was already nervous about beacuse he was actually there to get his clutch and flywheel installed (thus nixing one of my advantages...)and as soon as I walked in the door and heard what was going on - I knew that our little power contest had taken a quick turn in Steve's direction....

Upon looking at the dyno chart, I pretty much just wet my pants. Thats an ass ripping torque curve and a whoooole lotta power....

Kudos buddy - Ill have to plan my next move carefully.... or just wait for you to blow your tranny

Shift smooth,

Joe

PS - Go find that Supra and suprise him
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by NJSubieTech
    Upon looking at the dyno chart, I pretty much just wet my pants. Thats an ass ripping torque curve and a whoooole lotta power....

Kudos buddy - Ill have to plan my next move carefully.... or just wait for you to blow your tranny

Shift smooth,

Joe

PS - Go find that Supra and suprise him
    Joe, I'm already saving up for my new gears/tranny. It's only a matter of time before In the meantime, at least get that lip fixed so I at least have something nice to look at as I'm flying by!

For those of you local that are a bit confused, I just want to clarify. Turbo Trix was a DSM shop in north Jersey. Anyone familiar with DSM's probably knows who Jeff Hill is and the kinds of things he does with his cars. Well Jeff and Mark from BMTranny in central Jersey basically decided to get together and merged into a new shop with lots of really experienced guys and plenty of knowledge to go around. The new shop is HUGE (I think there were 7 cars in the shop when I was there). I would recommend these guys to work on your car, to tune or to install.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

If Nino can do this kind of tune with just EGTs to read, Nino needs to buy a wideband A/F meter, too. The bastard can afford it!

BTW, Nino is one of my favs. Those are numbers to be proud of, MidKnight. Can you live with the lag on the street or is it OK?

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by MisterX
    If Nino can do this kind of tune with just EGTs to read, Nino needs to buy a wideband A/F meter, too. The bastard can afford it!

BTW, Nino is one of my favs. Those are numbers to be proud of, MidKnight. Can you live with the lag on the street or is it OK?
    Yea, I told Nino that he needs to get some equipment and really give tuning a serious go. He's a good guy. We went out to lunch afterwards and had a chance to chat.

As far as the lag, it's kinda strange. I have already adjusted my driving style accordingly and really don't notice it as much as I thought I would. When I'm driving aggressivley, I just make sure that I keep the RPM's in the powerband so that the lag isn't an issue. Otherwise, the lag is nice when I'm tooling around town. If I had 310hp at 2000rpm I would have a hell of a time controling the car in slow moving situations (although it would be nice to have that much power down low!). I think the lag really lends to making the car streetable. It has enough power that I never feel like I'm dead in the water.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast