subydude gasket set, resembles pieces of cardboard!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on subydude gasket set, resembles pieces of cardboard! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i put my uppipe in about 1-2 months ago, using the suby dude gasket set. Just last week, i sprung ...

subydude gasket set, resembles pieces of cardboard!

i put my uppipe in about 1-2 months ago, using the suby dude gasket set. Just last week, i sprung an exhaust leak. I started taking things apart today, and guess what I saw! I've attached pictures of the uppipe to passenger side manifold gasket. It literally just disintegrated. It looks and feels like a piece of cardboard. I could tear into little pieces if I wanted to. WTF?!?!?

so now i need to get an OEM gasket, but the dealerships are all closed on sunday. would reusing my old uppipe gasket be a good idea?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00890.jpg  
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i didnt tear it or anything here. i just picked it up and the weight of the gasket tore it apart like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00891.jpg  
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Wow, I'd be pretty pissed.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Put those asbestos containing gaskets in a plastic bag and stop handling them. Look at the exposed, friable fibers. Those are bad news for your lungs.

WTF... I'd expect better outta SD
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by MisterX
    Put those asbestos containing gaskets in a plastic bag and stop handling them. Look at the exposed, friable fibers. Those are bad news for your lungs.
    mmmm asbestos...
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by MisterX
    oh ****, putting in bag now

Originally posted by ryland
    mmmm asbestos...
    my SD gaskets were metal and seemed to be pretty good quality.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

Looks like Make-A-Gasket to me

WTF and they charge like $60 for that????? I say we boycot them or do something. I was planning to buy a set form them but in this case I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Man I just bought mine like 2 weeks ago and they are metal. I'll take a picture of the ones I haven't used yet. or you can contact Roam'n Cyote and murray29, they were 5ply metal.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

Originally posted by rallymaniac
    WTF and they charge like $60 for that????? I say we boycot them or do something. I was planning to buy a set form them but in this case I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!
    well i would be against boycotting them. Subydude seems like a great guy, and the metal gaskets he's selling now seem like they are very high quality.

A lot of gaskets are like this.... they just can't be used more than once.

I'm surprised it fell apart while in use though, that sucks.

Uppipe Gaskets

Guess what? MY SubyDude gaskets did the SAME exact thing! I blew out a chunk of them!

Give SubyDude an email, and he'll send you a free replacement uppipe metal crush-type gasket for FREE! I did it and I'm pleased with the results!

Hope this helps Shibby!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

WOW!

Talk about a s***ty way to end up with a leak.
    Glad you figured out the problem though.
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.