subydude gasket set, resembles pieces of cardboard! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on subydude gasket set, resembles pieces of cardboard! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i bought an uppipe from him and the gaskets were made of cardboard too. i never installed the uppipe though ...

i bought an uppipe from him and the gaskets were made of cardboard too. i never installed the uppipe though so thankgoodness
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just went w/ OEM ones. No problems whatsoever...
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

God
    Use OEM people. They are triple layer steel with seal ring. Can't get any better than that.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

yes!

i just installed the manifold w/ my old gaskets, and it appears to be leak free. Hopefully it stays that way. I've emailed subydude about this, and I'll let you know what develops.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Gruppe-s has a 6 gasket set aswell as individual ones. Only gasket that was paper was the d/p to midpipe one. All others like factory but thicker metal(5x rather than 3 I believe). I have had no leaks aside from the paper gasket I mentioned. $59 shipped for complete set. SD will take care of you though. He's cool like that.

The ones I recieved from Suby Dude were 5 ply except the header/head gaskets looked like the single ply OEM ones.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

my dyno engineering ones did the same thing. (the paper-like ones from SD). in the future, i want to move to all metal ones with the 5 layer metal. they really are the best ones. i wanted the dyno engineering ones to help with a leak...but just ended up doubling up on metal ones when the paper-like ones just broke into pieces. no more leak.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Originally posted by God
    Use OEM people. They are triple layer steel with seal ring. Can't get any better than that.
    '

Yup. The OE gaskets are really high quality. better than any of the aftermarket stuff i've seen.

dR

gasket failures....

yes there's been a few out there... and every single one has been taken cared off...

Shibby - if its not too late... just give us a call and we can overnight OEM style 5-ply metal gaskets right on over.

its been a pain w/ people having these blown out...

at this point all i can do is to offer a full refund a a free replacement for the gaskets.

if you have any questions you can call us directly at 510.378.6436

or email us at dude@subydude.com

or post here...

thx

SD
    Happy Racing!

Sooobeeedooooood!

Add to the Suby Gallery!! http://www.subydude.com/gallery/

suby_dude is a great guy! Great service keeps us WRXers coming back! Keep up the good work!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Subydude rules!

Well, I never expected this to happen.

Subydude is giving me a complete refund AND a t-shirt
    A+ vendor!!!!
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

That's customer service.

Thumbs up

I was using a VERY similar looking gasket on my uppipe that I bought at Carquest for $3.00. The thing worked great all through last summer, surviving many runs down the 1/4 mile. Then it failed in November and disintegrated in my hand when I removed it...in fact, when I saw your pictures of the failed gasket I was asking myself, "hey, how'd he get a hold my blown out gasket?" It's nice to see a vendor taking care of their customers though! Two thumbs up for suby_dude.
    '03 WRX wagon
    '97 Civic EX supercharged
    Beechjet 400A and Hawker 800 driver

Originally posted by dark_rex
    '

Yup. The OE gaskets are really high quality. better than any of the aftermarket stuff i've seen.

dR
    Gruppe-S gaskets are very nice, 5 ply gaskets, made by a company that makes gaskets for subaru. OEM are good but I think those are slightly better
    New:
    2005 Electric Blue Lancer Evo VIII

Traded:
    Platinum Silver 02 WRX
    TurboXS stage2

Hey Mister Subydude

i bought the very same gaskets and mine blew also !!!

i had to throw on a tempary gasket for now..
    but i also purchased the left and right manifold gaskets as well and i dont feel too safe

what can u do for me ? ?

i email you also about this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.