Help! Can't get the I/C back on - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Help! Can't get the I/C back on within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by tubbytreats I agree, you won't see ANY boost increase over 0 until you place load on the ...

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    I agree, you won't see ANY boost increase over 0 until you place load on the engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by keystah
    Really? Maybe all that time I saw boost while revving the engine I was in 1st gear with the clutch in. I forgot the new "smart" manuals monitor what gear your in and tell it to the ECU. Thanks for the tip, I still need to fix that leak however. Maybe I can post up a pic to show how close it is. Dang it. I used a hydraulic jack to lift the flange of the midpipe and that didn't even help. Maybe loosening the motor mount???
    If the clutch is pressed down, it doesn't matter what gear your in, you WONT see boost, unless you have an anti lag system (I don't think you do ).
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

No boost from revving, unless you have launch control (ala utec) Then you can floor it, and it bounces off of a 4200rpm rev limiter and builds about 7-8 psi of boost.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

For the intercooler i used a screw driver with one person and then pushed as hard as i could from the driver's side.... It still took a while though.....

okay, well, the IC is on and my Scoobysport Stage 1+ install is complete. Yay! Fun times. So much smoother and more powerful from idle to 3500, you have so much more power that 4 grand isn't as big a transition as before. It sounds cool, very low like my friends V-8 camaro but not nearly as loud.

Hehe the mod monkey has a firm grip on you now get ready
    "Look's just like a telefunken U47"
    -FZ

Originally posted by fzu47
    Hehe the mod monkey has a firm grip on you now get ready
    I know I know. I have to start saving my money so I've really limited what I need to get.

0) Samco I/C hoses (on the way)
    1)AccessECU stage II
    2)Prodrive Springs
    3) Sound System

Yep, thats all I'm gonna do. Ever. Yah right...

muhahahah ... that's what i said in june, when i got my vishnu stage 1.. I had a stage 2 in by september.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ScoobysaurusREX
    muhahahah ... that's what i said in june, when i got my vishnu stage 1.. I had a stage 2 in by september.
    Yeah, me too. I swore that Cobb Stage 2 would be the end of it, and now I'm desperately trying to scrounge up enough money for a VF34...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Hey Keystah, did you get the single tip or twin tip, and how far does the tip(s) stick out compared to stock?

Thx!
    '99.5 Silver Audi A4 1.8T Tip
    '03 Black WRX Wagon 5 spd

Hey,
    I got the single tip, it looks like 3" or 3.5" ID. It does stick out farther then stock, by about an inch maybe. The thing I like about it, it's different. If you stand and look straight down at the bumper, you can't see the tip. And the more I listen to it, the better it sounds. At lower RPMS it's deep like a V-8, it really "comes alive" at about 4500 rpms wide open throttle. I also must say cruising on the highway it is noticeably louder than stock. I haven't had anyone say anything about it yet, but then again it's been on one day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.