Prodrive- Good or bad products?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Prodrive- Good or bad products? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone have experience with Prodrive equipment? I was wondering what you guys thought of their products....

Prodrive- Good or bad products?

Does anyone have experience with Prodrive equipment? I was wondering what you guys thought of their products.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Prodrive- Good or bad products?

Originally posted by Spectre186
    Does anyone have experience with Prodrive equipment? I was wondering what you guys thought of their products.
    Incredible products. Yes, I mean that.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

can't go wrong. Prodrive is used extensively in subaru rally racing.

overpriced, but nice product....well, there were some complaints about their stage package being over rated

btw, why is this in this forum?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

You are paying for the name and you are paying for quality -- like they said, great stuff, just not great if you are on a budget. I would go with individual pieces though and stay away from the staged packages.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Thumbs up

Nice Kill! I hate when guys are sore losers though...

I chose to go with a Momo shift knob over a Prodrive knob when it came right down to it.

i think theres better ways to go then prodrive. but if you want the rally name i guess go for it.
    but id never get there products,except maybe there axleback, but wait do they even make that? or do they just slap there name on another manufacturers exhaust?

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    You are paying for the name and you are paying for quality -- like they said, great stuff, just not great if you are on a budget. I would go with individual pieces though and stay away from the staged packages.

-joe
    I agree with staying away from the staged packages. They all seem VERY conservative, and very expensive. If I buy prodrive stuff, it's used. Got the axleback for 250 shipped, and its amazing.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I have seen some of their wheels in person, excellent products, I plan on getting a set myself as well as their WR Sport muffler. That's all the personal experience I have with any of their products, but like they said above, you can't go wrong with a company that makes rally cars.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

personally, i think they're pretty good products, but if I were looking for information on the subject, i don't think i'd be looking in the 'wrx vs. the world' forum. *hint*
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

I have 18" Prodrive P1 wheels. Extremely strong wheels, but they are a little heavier than some. Aheineken: what size/style prodrive wheels you looking at?

VV

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.