Godspeed Spec S Preliminary dyno charts
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Godspeed Spec S Preliminary dyno charts within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here you go folks. This is the preliminary data on the prototype Spec S turbo. The production units will feature ...

God

Godspeed Spec S Preliminary dyno charts

Here you go folks. This is the preliminary data on the prototype Spec S turbo. The production units will feature a much more efficient housing and thus will have MUCH less lag than this one. I will post those charts ocne they are ready. These charts are of a bone stock engine 2002 WRX. Mods are:

Spec S turbo prototype (in IHI housing)
    GT Spec header
    Downpipe (don't recall which one)
    Greddy EVO exhaust
    Tial BOV
    K&N short ram intake
    Turbo XS TMIC
    STi injectors
    Walbro fuel pump
    UTEC
    Fuel pressure regulator (STI injectors were maxed out)

With FMIC I think about 325-330 whp is possible. Everything was run on 93 octane.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dan, that torque curve looks fairly steep...any way to even that out with tuning or different combination of mods?

Originally posted by Timdog1650
    Dan, that torque curve looks fairly steep...any way to even that out with tuning or different combination of mods?
    As he said in his original post....

Originally posted by God
    The production units will feature a much more efficient housing and thus will have MUCH less lag than this one.
    Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

oops, my bad...just wondering where target boost would come on with the better housing on that sort of tune.

how much will the horsepower be with 91 octane ?

God
    Originally posted by Timdog1650
    Actually the torque curve is amazingly flat, especially compared to the VF30/34 which takes a nose dive after peak. The difference in area under the curve is HUGE and hopefully production units will have about same spool up as VF34.

God
    Originally posted by b4437
    how much will the horsepower be with 91 octane ?
    NO idea. We only have 93 here. I wil post results with 100 octane too though.

This is the GT25 correct Dan?

Peak HP at 6200 RPMs?

It's too bad that if you even go down to 5K rpms, you lose SIXTY hp!!

good looking TQ curve though. how much less lag are we talking? 500rpms?

also, w/ the STi injectors maxed out, how much did you have to trim back the boost? where were they being overworked? 4K - 6K rpms or the whole pull?

dR

WRX
    I'd like to see a dyno chart of a production turbo.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Roughly what price range are we talking about for this setup? Looks to be a nice turbo with some nice gains, and if it is gonna spool like a vf34, this could be a great turbo. The only limiting factor will be price.... And I'm assuiming this is a straight bolt-on?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

God
    Dark Rex if only a VF turbo had anywhere near the power of this turbo at anything over 4000 RPM. STi's were maxed out at 18 PSI. We bumped the fuel pressure to get enough fuel in there (which I do not like doing but worked). We should have about 400 RPM less lag on production units (which is same as VF34). We will run tests in two weeks and see. I will post production Spec S numbers and dyno sheets. It is bolt on and I'm trying to keep price at the $1250-$1300 range.

Originally posted by God
    Dark Rex if only a VF turbo had anywhere near the power of this turbo at anything over 4000 RPM. STi's were maxed out at 18 PSI. We bumped the fuel pressure to get enough fuel in there (which I do not like doing but worked). We should have about 400 RPM less lag on production units (which is same as VF34). We will run tests in two weeks and see. I will post production Spec S numbers and dyno sheets. It is bolt on and I'm trying to keep price at the $1250-$1300 range.
    Summer job.. pay for college? Hell no, its paying for one of Dan's turbos
    WRB WRX: Super 16g Equipped
    www.BrotSpec.com

Which car was this on Dan? WRX or STi?

I'm really interested in this turbo, as I've mentioned to you before. My goal is 375-400whp... with peak torque around 4500.

Glad to hear it's coming along. What do you think the limits of this turbo will be? What's the max boost it can hold?
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    Which car was this on Dan? WRX or STi?

I'm really interested in this turbo, as I've mentioned to you before. My goal is 375-400whp... with peak torque around 4500.

Glad to hear it's coming along. What do you think the limits of this turbo will be? What's the max boost it can hold?
    You need the gt30r or the gt35r I believe.
    WRB WRX: Super 16g Equipped
    www.BrotSpec.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.